Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTX 3090 Fans will not spin.

Hi All.

I have an RTX 3090 founders edition that was dropped off for repair.

One of the fans ribbon cables had been ripped and needed repairing and the card did not work according to the customer. I couldn't find a replacement cable anywhere, as this card uses a flat ribbon cable instead of a standard cable that you would find on the majority of other cards, so I had to run some jumper wires on the flex.

I repaired the cable and tested for continuity and all seemed to be working fine.

I tested the card in my system and the card seemed to work just fine except neither fan on the card will spin, even if under heavy load, or if I manually set the fans to 100% in MSI Afterburner.

I removed the fan that I repaired to see if that was causing an issue, and the other working fan will still not spin.

I've checked the PCB and everything looks fine, so I'm completely lost as to what the issue could be.

Has anyone else had a similar issue, or have any ideas as to what to try next?

Thanks

Re: RTX 3090 Fans will not spin.

Hi, near the fan connectors should be a 3 pin (npn usually) smd, post photos of surrounding the fan connectors, maybe it will be easier

Have luck

Comment

Working...
    X