Sony KLV-37S400A Weird Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KLV-37S400A Weird Issues

I have a Sony TV that after a few minutes it makes a pop sound through the speakers and then completely switches off and then powers back on by itself, the green LED goes out and then back on again. Since I replaced all the caps on the inverter and power supply its shutdown intervals are longer. I haven't replaced the main filter cap but now I'm just lost on what to do? I've tried resetting but no luck. Anyone know what else to do?
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KLV-37S400A Weird Issues

I would remove the power supply board and inspect the solder connections, especially the connections on the transformers and transistors etc. attached to the heat sinks. If it is a poor connection, you could try tapping the boards with something to see if you can cause the fault. Or try a heat source like a hair drier to see if that can cause the fault to show up.

Comment

Thanks R_J I will give that a try

Comment

Okay so I desoldered all the transformers and transistors and resoldered them all back(I also checked on the transformers if there are any broken connections and there are none, I put all the transistors in my component tester and they seem to test fine), now the TV stays on longer but still makes a clicking sound then a pop through the speakers and then off

Comment

You might try powering it on in a darkened room and see if there is any visible flashing. Especially around backlight inverter.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Hi dskall

Its worth a try.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X