Vizio D50u-D1 - Worth repairing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio D50u-D1 - Worth repairing?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but here goes: got a Vizio D50u-D1. I know the main board is bad. I can replace it with a used one for $50 or have it rebuilt for a few dollars more. I just wonder if it's worth it? Just seems to me that another board is going to eventually bake itself to death or the LEDs are going to burn out.

I'm thinking no. What do you think?

Re: Vizio D50u-D1 - Worth repairing?

Go buy another TV. Maybe you can offer it on craigslist for someone interested in repairing them.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      Go buy another TV. Maybe you can offer it on craigslist for someone interested in repairing them.
      Everything is leaning towards scrapping it instead of repairing it. I don't need to repair it. Blah. I just hated throwing away stuff that can be fixed but what's the point if it's just going to die a natural death in a couple years.

Comment

I see one for 40$, pretty good price and worth fixing

Comment

If you would enjoy the experience of trying to repair it, I'd say go for it. I've recently been watching lots of NorthridgeFix repair videos on YouTube, and it's inspired me to take on some projects. I've already fixed a non-working GTX 1070 GPU just by fixing a broken 0-ohm resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by CityZen View Post
            If you would enjoy the experience of trying to repair it, I'd say go for it. I've recently been watching lots of NorthridgeFix repair videos on YouTube, and it's inspired me to take on some projects. I've already fixed a non-working GTX 1070 GPU just by fixing a broken 0-ohm resistor.
            Sounds like he is trying to talk himself out of repairing it.
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
            X