• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vestel 17IPS71 + 17MB82S - no standby

Originally posted by CityZen View Post
    Yes... All the testpoints and diagrams for the main board come from this

Comment

Vestel is known to have major firmware issues. Try this. For the stick. I think you know the procedure.
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks yokoono,

i have tried upgrader_loader_nvclean.pkg before.

i'm getting 5V at USB but no sign of stick reading.
        turned the tv on with 'ok' button on the remote (I verified that IR signal is read)

is there another procedure before I start programming the two flashes?

Comment

If the bootloader has crashed, then only programming U10, U12 (only in a set) on the programmer.

Comment

Unzip firmware. Press and hold the ok key on the remote control. TV in socket. Release the ok key when the left LED flashes quickly. Try several times. Try another stick. If it doesn't work, you need to rewrite the flash memory (spi) with the programmer. You also need the panel code (VES ????????). Also check if the OK key on the remote control is functional. If you have copied software for another TV model that uses a different remote control, the ok key may not work.
            You can also try this:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by yokoono; 11-27-2021, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
              Unzip firmware. Press and hold the ok key on the remote control. TV in socket. Release the ok key when the left LED flashes quickly. Try several times. Try another stick. If it doesn't work, you need to rewrite the flash memory (spi) with the programmer. You also need the panel code (VES ????????). Also check if the OK key on the remote control is functional. If you have copied software for another TV model that uses a different remote control, the ok key may not work.
              You can also try this:
              tried that a few times. no blinking led at all and no usb activity (the stick has a diode for activity, it never blinked).
              I looked at the signal coming from the IR board, it has a nice square wave during remote button press.

panel is VES400UNDS-2D-N02.

gentlemen, I am worried that the signals on the flashes are so... non SPI I hooked up my logic analyzer and it only registered single spikes in activity.
              shouldn't I be seeing more?
              also, why would uart lines be so finicky? it seems the capacitance of the mini probe's sonde is bringing them down to 0 immediately. I'm afraid the CPU is gone.

Comment

If the SPI kit firmware does not help (for diagnostics), then it remains that the processor has died or its reboll.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                  If the SPI kit firmware does not help (for diagnostics), then it remains that the processor has died or its reboll.
                  True.
                  You have software for flash memories but they are for panel N04. Try it and if the image is not correct it can be fixed with the panel profile.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                    True.
                    You have software for flash memories but they are for panel N04. Try it and if the image is not correct it can be fixed with the panel profile.
                    thanks yokoono,
                    a new development
                    I desoldered the two winbond chips and tried to program them - and could not.
                    they do not respond at all.

I noticed though, that the firmware dumps are for 25q64 & 25q16, while I have 25q64 & 25q32 versions. Does that matter? Are there 8/4mbyte versions of the firmware?

with the chips removed, the CLK signal on the mainboard now looks ok, so there is some hope ordered both 25q32 & 25q64. will keep you posted.
                    Last edited by cruiser_; 11-29-2021, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser_ View Post
                      thanks yokoono,
                      a new development
                      I desoldered the two winbond chips and tried to program them - and could not.
                      they do not respond at all.

with the chips removed, the CLK signal on the mainboard now looks ok, so there is some hope ordered both 25q32 & 25q64. will keep you posted.
                      what programmer are you using

Comment

Arduino as ISP + flashrom & USBASP + AsProgrammer + MOSFET based level shifter.
                        waiting for CH341A to arrive too.

are these chips 'special' ?

Comment

So I got back to it today and was able to read original chips. Not sure why it did not work earlier... Anyway,
                          I compared the dumps with the files provided in this thread and they seem to follow the same format. Also, binwalk utility nicely identifies section in them.

Perhaps someone can make use of these.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by cruiser_; 12-08-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

So i think it's time for the board replacement.
                            apart from matching the connector for the panel, is there anything else to look for in replacement boards? can I swap 82s with some other model?

Comment

i always try to match the number on the white sticker on the main board the one thats 23226476 ive never had a issue if i match a replacemt board that way hopefully lotas can explain fully what numbers actually matter.

Comment

If there were 25q64 and 25q32, then you need to look for a set of dumps for 25q64 and 25q32 and the panel number, try this set.
                                Attached Files

Comment

a small update...
                                  I ended up getting two replacement 17MB82s boards. Thought of moving a CPU from one to mine, but didn't think it was worth the risk.

The replacement boards have no digital tuner and have 25q64 & 25q16 flashes, so I believe flashing my firmware to them is pointless?

Anyway, with both boards the TV turns on, backlight is on and the screen is on; it is just a bit skewed.
                                  I presume this has to do with a different panel profile?

Is there one for VES400UNDS-2D-N02 that I can flash via USB?

Comment

What I did later... I extracted pcf.bin & ptf.bin from my firmware dump (binwalk + tar) , put them on the USB stick, started the TV, did USB operations and voilla!
                                    The display is now working!

Thank you all for help!

Comment

Teşekürler .Thank you
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-21-2023, 04:20 AM. Reason: English translation

Comment

Working...
                                      X