Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha RX-V673 - No audio at startup

Hi,

my RX-V673 has developed a niggling fault over the past few weeks. At startup there is no sound at all. After a while (20-30 minutes) sound starts coming through sporadically. Then over the next 10 to 30 minutes there are more and longer periods of sound, with some popping and cracking. Then finally the dropouts cease and the amp works correctly and will work correctly all day so long as it's not switched off.
    Further information: all inputs are HDMI. When the sound has dropped out, the front panel speaker icons also disappear. All other functions of the amp seem to work OK. During the 'warm-up' period, the picture is unaffected. The length of time that it takes the amp to start working properly is getting longer every day so I'm assuming that at some point it will stop working completely.
    I don't have very much experience in troubleshooting electronics so I suspect that this fault may be beyond my abilities to fix but any insights or clues as to where to investigate will be gratefully received. I have a service manual but it's too large to upload.

Re: Yamaha RX-V673 - No audio at startup

Check your output transistor are not bad their is all so a protection capacitor that drives a relay check the monolithic capacitor around the relay channels output

Comment

I also have the same model with the same problem. I search the internet and someone said heating the dts chip with a hair dryer can make the sound come back temporarily. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQyLaVPQ180

I tried and yes the sound came back temporarily. I thought that it may be the connections of the legs of the chips do not have good weld at some points. I used a heat gun with a very small nozzle to reflow the welded joints of the legs. After that, I got sound right after turning on. It seems it is working properly now. I will post again if it fails later.
      Last edited by tmhobadcap; 10-17-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmhobadcap View Post
        I also have the same model with the same problem. I search the internet and someone said heating the dts chip with a hair dryer can make the sound come back temporarily. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQyLaVPQ180

I tried and yes the sound came back temporarily. I thought that it may be the connections of the legs of the chips do not have good weld at some points. I used a heat gun with a very small nozzle to reflow the welded joints of the legs. After that, I got sound right after turning on. It seems it is working properly now. I will post again if it fails later.
        Starting 10/29/21, the problem came back.

Comment

Originally posted by tmhobadcap View Post
          Starting 10/29/21, the problem came back.
          Today, I turned it on and there is no problem.

Comment

That DTS ic needs to be replaced with a newer version.

There are many threads here about it. Use the search function.

Comment

Working...
            X