Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG OLED55C7P Vertical White Bar and Randomly Turns Off

Hi All!

I have this LG OLED55C7P. Someone gave it to me stating that it would no longer turn on. I plugged it in and it turned on right away, ran it for a while and everything looked good. Gave it to a client of mine and that same day he said after watching it for an hour it shut off, so I had him bring it back. Now, it has a vertical white bar (see pics) and will randomly shut off - sometimes after an hour or two, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few seconds. I noticed that initially the white bar appeared solid, but now it looks streaky.

Looking for help with diagnosis. Do you think it's a bad panel? Bad t-con? bad main board? Thanks! --Dave
    Attached Files

Re: LG OLED55C7P Vertical White Bar and Randomly Turns Off

Looks like a panel problem, not repairable.

Comment

Are there any cof chip attached on the panel? if yes put an hard shim of wood under it and try to reflow under the chip.. this apart i think you also have a semi short on the video board (i don't know the real name)

Comment

can you make a better tcon picture at sun light with visible serigraphs?
        Last edited by Davi.p; 09-22-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          Are there any cof chip attached on the panel? if yes put an hard shim of wood under it and try to reflow under the chip.. this apart i think you also have a semi short on the video board (i don't know the real name)
          It's an Oled, there are no COF's visible and you can not reach them.

Comment

Thanks, have you got an example of distribution board alias panel board? Picture...

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              can you make a better tcon picture at sun light with visible serigraphs?
              1) T-Con: Here are the best pics I could get. Had to break it into 2 shots (left and right) to get enough clarity to read the serigraphs. (see attached)
              2) Panel Driver Board: That board is behind the stiff metal backing plate that is fused to the panel (you can see what I mean at the bottom of the picture of the back of the TV from my first post), so there's no access to that board for pictures or repair - unless I take an angle grinder and cut away some of the metal frame

Let me know your thoughts...whether I should try a new T-Con or Main Board, or give up and scrap it. Thanks! --Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

If you want to fix all the tv i cannot help you, there's surely a cog or some cof due to the fact the output connectors counts much few lines than the screen columns, so there it is needed a reflow, for the shut off problem i think problem is the mosfet Q6004 on tcon board, it can be made some simple experiments to ensure that... finally, good pictures, i will save them for reference even if i will never touch an Oled i guess..
                Last edited by Davi.p; 09-30-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

To follow up - I replaced the panel and all is well (t-con and main board work fine). Case closed.

Comment

Does this mean that OLEDs will fail every four or five years?! That's not a lick better than a cheapo IPS LCD or a VA LCD! FFS!

I guess it was good that I didn't get an OLED yet for gaming. For me, it looks like even a TN would be better, LOL!
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-13-2021, 10:54 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                    X