Asus X441MAR Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X441MAR Question

this unit came yesterday with problem that it has no picture on lcd or external monitor (vga or hdmi) but still respond on power button, after checked all power rails is present, changing DDR4 ram module known good had a same result.

checked dramrst# on pin 108 of ram slot, it only gave 0.6 volt without ram module installed, this board don't have onboard ram & no discrete vga chip installed. i can't tested dramrst# with ram installed because i don't have boardview where i can trace other test point for dramrst# and i don't know where to measure other signal.

from a lot of info i get, flashing the bios will solve the problem, but i doubt because of dramrst# is missing or is it 0.6 volt on dramrst# of ddr4 sufficient since ddr4 only 1.2 volt and dramrst# signal pulled up to 1.2 volt rail?

Re: Asus X441MAR Question

I solve many no display lap with no dramrst present with flashing bios , so i advice you to post your old dump in the bios section and ask for clean me or repair bios

Comment

Try flash with this file

MOD Edit: Bios moved to "Bios Requests ONLY!" - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1047992
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-24-2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
        I solve many no display lap with no dramrst present with flashing bios , so i advice you to post your old dump in the bios section and ask for clean me or repair bios
        hmmm....
        so, you think the content on bios chip will be read/write by/to the pch and ec without dramrst# present or even without ram installed?
        how do you make sure pch not faulty because of dramrst# absence?

Originally posted by sysaputra View Post
        Try flash with this file
        thank's, i'll try it soon as i confident it's only the bios corrupted

Comment

UPDATE:

nothing's change after flashed the bios 6 times from different source

LESSON:

don't flash the bios when dramrst# signal is gone on SoC system and no boardview available to check other signals

Comment

can you send me the boardview? i need the boardview

Comment

Originally posted by tomy78 View Post
              can you send me the boardview? i need the boardview
              Post your request in the "Schematic requests ONLY!" section here -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
              X