Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic stand offs for backlight diffuser

Hi,

Does anyone know where to buy plastic stand offs for backlight diffuser, mainly for Vestel TVs?

They are extremely brittle and almost always they break into pieces.

I looked on internet but little success.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: Plastic stand offs for backlight diffuser

What is your screen model number?

Comment

Try ohms supplies

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
        What is your screen model number?
        Right now I'm working on a Panasonic TX-48CX400B but my question is generic.

I've had the same issue with all Vestel TVs, I simply could not remove these bits without breaking most of them. Some come out in one piece but they snap when I put them back.

I hoped I can buy spares, different lengths for different TVs, to have them here on hand when I need them.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
          Try ohms supplies
          Top man, they sell what appears to be 3D printed which is what I was thinking about.

Comment

http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/epages/...ts/PIL01-X1.14
            http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/epages/...roducts/KIT654 will work for your tv.

I have not found any other source except for ohms.

Comment

Originally posted by geo86 View Post
              Top man, they sell what appears to be 3D printed which is what I was thinking about.
              I have ordered a lot from ohms over the years always great service.

Comment

Ordered from Ohm Supplies, arrived today. Unfortunately, the base of the pillars is too long and the pillar don't lock into place when you turn it, leaving the pillars loose.

I rang them up and the person I spoke with was very dismissive and arrogant, wouldn't even let me speak and describe the problem to the end. "We have done thousands of these, they work, they won't fall out." How do you know? "Because I know, I have more experience than you.". Absolutely appalling!

He eventually suggested to secure them with tape but at £15.19 for 10 pillars (£1.52 each), I expect them to be spot on or at least to be open for a chat. Didn't even want me to send them a video.

So I'm going to find a local dude with a 3D printer to see if he can make them properly or even get a 3D printer myself and make them on demand.
                Attached Files

Comment

Use hot glue to hold the loose ones you bought. Works great

Comment

Working...
                  X