Samsung UE58TU7100K Wont Turn On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE58TU7100K Wont Turn On

No, probably main board is not the culprit, check in ohm these resistors in both sides:
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      no harm in contacting samsung though with the serial number etc you may get lucky and they help you its only a quick phone call or email
      I will certainly try m8

Comment

no harm in contacting samsung though with the serial number etc you may get lucky and they help you its only a quick phone call or email
        Just got off phone to Samsung, they have said its outside of warranty, but are going to speak to some department and call me back sometime today

Comment

Originally posted by Bloopeta View Post
          Just got off phone to Samsung, they have said its outside of warranty, but are going to speak to some department and call me back sometime today
          Perhaps their legal department, remind them of the Consumer Rights Act of 2015 if they start to chat bs.

Comment

That sounds positive then this artical maybe worth a read
            https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...%20two%20years.

Comment

Anyway this sounds to be power surge damage, not guilt of Samsung

Comment

in case they refused .. try to give it another chance, put every things as original.. just mask pin 12 to 20. i am not sure 100% of the marking pin count.. but they are CKV which cut signal and turn off the set when panel had issue
                Attached Files

Comment

Just an update. I have received a txt from Samsung, who have given me a number for a company called DBS to call and arrange for them to collect TV.

Unfortunately they are closed now until Monday morning. I have called Samsung, and they hage said, DBS will do a report on TV, to make sure I have caused no damage etc...
                  And although the language barrier was an issue, I think they said they will replace free of charge it if its hardware failure.

So ill ring DBS Monday, and take it from there, and will keep you guys updated with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                    in case they refused .. try to give it another chance, put every things as original.. just mask pin 12 to 20. i am not sure 100% of the marking pin count.. but they are CKV which cut signal and turn off the set when panel had issue

Atm I need to wait, but if they refuse, I will try what you say, thankyou very much for your help so far

Comment

Thats good news on the tv then company may not be open monday due to bank holiday (queens funeral)

Comment

Thats good news on the tv then company may not be open monday due to bank holiday (queens funeral)
                        Ah I didnt think about that m8, I just went off the times on automated message. Gonna probably be Tues then :/

Comment

So, just an update.

Called the number this morning, and they have said that I will be billed for the repair, so called Samsung back, who are now saying as it was out of warranty earlier this year, I will have to pay, or I should contact Currys where it was bought.

So rang Currys, and they have said as I dont have a Currys avcount, they cant help me over phone, so have to visit my nearest store ��

I will call in in the next couple of days, but isnt looking hopeful so far

Comment

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...hts_in_eu.html

Comment

Im not in Ireland pal, Im in England

Comment

Im not in Ireland pal, Im in England
                                sorry about wrong link i posted did you have any luck with speaking with curries how old is the tv i know you said its just out of warranty.

Comment

sorry about wrong link i posted did you have any luck with speaking with curries how old is the tv i know you said its just out of warranty.
                                  I havnt had chance to call in yet, hopefully will tomorrow or Sat.

Its aprox 18 months old

Comment

I have been to Currys today, where I was advised as the T is under 2 years old, I have to write to head office to claim under the CRA. I will then have to pay £90 to have the TV assessed, which will be redunded if the find it is mechanical failure.
                                    So thats the next step, I will keep you posted

Comment

hmmm it sound to me strange and tricky .. why need to pay if the shit under 2 years guaranty.. the seller didn't give this guaranty . but the manufacture under the law.. so it sound to me pay 90 and we tell you later its not covered by guaranty

Comment

Just an update.

I spoke to Currys online, who told me as it was an instore purchase, it has to be dealt with instore.
                                        I went back to the store, where they wrote an email to head office, and said should have a reply in 48hrs.

Hadnt heard anything, so called in again yesterday when passing, as that had been 6 days.

The original guy I spoke to is on holiday, but the lady covering informed me that they had a reply to say that I would be contacted directly by the higher beings so to speak lol.

As I hadnt been as yet, and she didnt have a phone number she could give me, she wrote another email, asking could they contact me even if to let me know what is happening.

Up to now, Im still waiting, but will update here when I know anything

Comment

Checked the status online today, and it is saying that repair is complete, and TV will be returned to me Monday 10th.

Until it arrives, Im not sure if will be the same TV repaired, or a new replacement, but either way, was worth the hassle.
                                          So thankyou for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X