Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird but interesting issue with DELL 3542 (intel mb 13269-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird but interesting issue with DELL 3542 (intel mb 13269-1)

Originally posted by c.daniel View Post
    @Spider1211: hi; i have exactly the same laptop, and i have weird voltage 3.7 and 5.2 instead of 3.3 and 5; after many hours, i found it the guilty ic; it was U3504, a protection chip for usb .... i never think those chip gonna messing up the voltage....it has 0,7ohm between pin 1 and 5 .... it blow my mind; take me aprox. 7 hours to find it ....

Hello Daniel! I'm quite new to Trobleshooting is there possible way that you can help me ? i Have the same laptop as you do same voltages too But i couldn't find U3504 anywhere , or my eyes just can't see it . Also My laptop has i3 and gt 840 gpu

Comment

Originally posted by Etterlie View Post
      But i couldn't find U3504 anywhere
      hello Etterlie; i make a video, when i repair the laptop; you will find here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNc8hMczFRY
      and there you gonna see explain very detailed even the position of chip

Comment

Thanks i will watch it when i come home .
        Also the previos owner said that it died and added new stick of ram works for some time and after some time it died again could it also be something with dimm slot or no?

Comment

I'm also at start of beginning to repair.
          If chip from my case is not your problem, you have to begin from start: check voltage on input, on first two mosfet, check voltage on coils, and on power button; after that, check resistance on coils; and so on.
          If you do not resolve it, it's best that you start a new thread, explain all problems and wait for help.

Comment

Thanks for the help also today i bought new ram becuse previos owner put regular ddr3 ram in . Becuse he wanted to sell the ram stick that was already inside .
            Also here's picures of the ram
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm also at start of beginning to repair.
              If chip from my case is not your problem, you have to begin from start: check voltage on input, on first two mosfet, check voltage on coils, and on power button; after that, check resistance on coils; and so on.
              If you do not resolve it, it's best that you start a new thread, explain all problems and wait for help.
              Hello again Daniel. I tested u3504 and the result is in the pictures
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey again i think my Indoctors ar bad it's showing me no resistence at all pl4502 and pl4902 0 resistense

Comment

Originally posted by Etterlie View Post
                  Hey again i think my Indoctors ar bad it's showing me no resistence at all pl4502 and pl4902 0 resistense
                  How are you measuring the inductor? Continuity from 1 pin to the other or with 1 probe on ground?

Edit:
                  What is your issue actually? Not turning on or just slightly off voltage reading (but laptop working)?
                  Last edited by Spider1211; 09-16-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Not turning on

Comment

For Not turning you should start with basic troubleshooting. Since you are getting 3.3 and 5V, that means you dont have a short on the main 19V rail.

Measure reaistance to ground on all coils and and post your values here. From the video you sent, you merely measured if the inductors have continuity through itself, which in this case is not helpful.

Set your meter to continuity, Place black probe on ground (you can use the USB port metal case if you want). Probe all inductors with the red probe (either side of the inductor is fine) and report you values here.

Comment

Hello well i have done some tests for me its seems fine for now, the continuity was tested when plugged in , PL4501 1260
                        PL4502 1210
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Etterlie; 09-20-2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

You need to measure resistance to ground on each coils. Continuity/resistance measurements should be done when NO power is applied to the board (not plugged in).

Comment

@Spider1211: hi; i have exactly the same laptop, and i have weird voltage 3.7 and 5.2 instead of 3.3 and 5; after many hours, i found it the guilty ic; it was U3504, a protection chip for usb .... i never think those chip gonna messing up the voltage....it has 0,7ohm between pin 1 and 5 .... it blow my mind; take me aprox. 7 hours to find it ....
                            Originally posted by Spider1211 View Post
                            You need to measure resistance to ground on each coils. Continuity/resistance measurements should be done when NO power is applied to the board (not plugged in).

Hello Well its show 226 on all pins of the coils PL4501 AND PL4502 and when the prong is on nothing it also show 226
                            Attached Files

Comment

you rock!
                              I already replaced tps51225 and kbc but Vreg3 kept giving 4,2V
                              After removing the U3504 all worked!
                              I should have searched the forum first

Comment

Working...
                              X