• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G6 bios password

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    Only flash bios file (32MB)
    @hoaca388

My bios chip is W25Q256JVEN and I have EZP2019, is my chip supported by that programmer? I will also use wson8 probe pogo pins to read it, is it also reliable to use? I don't have a soldering station. Thank you!

Comment

Re: RCUnlocker

Hi all

I have 840 G6 need some help PLS

I tried the HPunlockTool. without success (won't turn ON)

Thanks in advance
      Attached Files
      Last edited by zak53; 09-10-2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

can someone help me to remove the password
        Attached Files
        Last edited by internautacesar; 09-10-2022, 05:32 PM. Reason: fixar arquivo

Comment

Originally posted by zak53 View Post
          Hi all

I have 840 G6 need some help PLS

I tried the HPunlockTool. without success (won't turn ON)

Thanks in advance
          Try. Remember to go Security tab and restore default
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by internautacesar View Post
            can someone help me to remove the password
            Put 16MB file into HPUnlockerTool or RCUnlocker.

Comment

Hi need help to clean this bios for 840 g6 with bios password
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar77 View Post
                use PCUnlocker on the 16MB bios and unlock it yourself..
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestar77 View Post
                  try and replay
                  and poste motherboard code for other members
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I used wson8 probe pin to read a dump of my bios but I was too scared to continue because after putting the probe to the chip, the laptop lights turned on for a split second. So I booted again and thankfully the laptop works but after I shutdown to put the back case, the computer won't boot anymore so I did a power cycle and it works. The problem is, this is happening everytime I turned on the computer.

I decided to reset the bios to default. Restarted. Then while I was entering the bios again, the computer shuts down and now it won't boot with caps lock blinking. Is it possible that the bios is corrupted or there is a serious problem with the board?

Comment

Originally posted by ogre4273 View Post
                      Hello, I used wson8 probe pin to read a dump of my bios but I was too scared to continue because after putting the probe to the chip, the laptop lights turned on for a split second. So I booted again and thankfully the laptop works but after I shutdown to put the back case, the computer won't boot anymore so I did a power cycle and it works. The problem is, this is happening everytime I turned on the computer.

I decided to reset the bios to default. Restarted. Then while I was entering the bios again, the computer shuts down and now it won't boot with caps lock blinking. Is it possible that the bios is corrupted or there is a serious problem with the board?
                      Did you not remove the main battery and CMOS battery before doing it ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Did you not remove the main battery and CMOS battery before doing it ?
                        after removing the back cover, battery and cmos is the first thing I disconnected.

Is it possible that I corrupted the bios because the wson8 probe pin keeps on moving while the programmer (ch341a) is connected to the pc?

I volt-modded the ch341a to 3.3v and checked using a multimeter before doing any wson8 probing to the board.

another question..
                        Can I use the jumper pads or the gold pads beside the bios chip and use/cut the wson8 probe to act as a jumper wire?

Thank you very much.
                        Last edited by ogre4273; 10-01-2022, 03:58 AM.

Comment

after removing the back cover, battery and cmos is the first thing I disconnected.

Is it possible that I corrupted the bios because the wson8 probe pin keeps on moving while the programmer (ch341a) is connected to the pc?

I volt-modded the ch341a to 3.3v and checked using a multimeter before doing any wson8 probing to the board.

another question..
                          Can I use the jumper pads or the gold pads beside the bios chip and use/cut the wson8 probe to act as a jumper wire?

Thank you very much.

yes you can use it to read and write bios chip then flash bios again with original files and try to power on
                          if work fine maybe bios not programmed correct

Comment

Originally posted by mrwab View Post
                            yes you can use it to read and write bios chip then flash bios again with original files and try to power on
                            if work fine maybe bios not programmed correct
                            that is the problem, i didn't read and write anything on the chip. I just put the wson8 probe pin and put back the case because I was nervous to try. (It is my first time)

The laptop works normally but everytime I shutdown then power on again the caps lock blinks and it takes too long to boot. So I decided to reset the bios to default and that is when the caps lock blinking issue becomes permanent. Even when I plugged in the charger and re-plug the battery it automatically power on then to caps blink again and again.

note: The charging led also blinks orange and white light.

Questions:
                            Did I short something while using the wson8 probe pin or I corrupted the bios because of it? (note that I didn't read nor flash anything on the chip)

is my chip W25Q256JVEN compatible with ch341a?

how can I repair my corrupted dump file using the BIOS official HP website? Will I use UEFITool to merge it?

Thanks for your help again.
                            Last edited by ogre4273; 10-01-2022, 06:55 AM.

Comment

that is the problem, i didn't read and write anything on the chip. I just put the wson8 probe pin and put back the case because I was nervous to try. (It is my first time)

The laptop works normally but everytime I shutdown then power on again the caps lock blinks and it takes too long to boot. So I decided to reset the bios to default and that is when the caps lock blinking issue becomes permanent. Even when I plugged in the charger and re-plug the battery it automatically power on then to caps blink again and again.

Questions:
                              Did I short something while using the wson8 probe pin or I corrupted the bios because of it? (note that I didn't read nor flash anything on the chip)

how can I repair my corrupted dump file using the BIOS official HP website? Will I use UEFITool to merge it?

If you have a CH341A with a black board then voltage might be the problem, it has a default of 5 vol. Maybe it broke something.
                              Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                              Become a Badcaps supporter
                              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                              Thanks to all supporters.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Questions:

yes you can doi it with UEFITool or only with hxd or winhex or any hex editor
                                if you dont how to doi it upload original backup files i will make for you

Comment

If you have a CH341A with a black board then voltage might be the problem, it has a default of 5 vol. Maybe it broke something.
                                  Thanks for your reply.

My chip is "JV" and I saw on datasheet that it requires 2.7v to 3.6v. So I think it is supported.

Yes, I have a black ch341a and I volt-modded it (watched youtube videos many times) immediately after buying before trying. It reads 3.3v now on multimeter.

Do you think I damaged something on the board or I just corrupted the bios because of the probe pins?
                                  Last edited by ogre4273; 10-01-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrwab View Post
                                    yes you can doi it with UEFITool or only with hxd or winhex or any hex editor
                                    if you dont how to doi it upload original backup files i will make for you
                                    Thank you!! tomorrow I'll read a dump.

Last questions, those gold pads beside the bios chip are for jumpers right?
                                    and do I need to read a dump of the 16mb chip?

there's an old version dump of my bios, can I flash it and downgrade?
                                    Last edited by ogre4273; 10-01-2022, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

My chip is "JV" and I saw on datasheet that it requires 2.7v to 3.6v. So I think it is supported.

Yes, I have a black ch341a and I volt-modded it (watched youtube videos many times) immediately after buying before trying. It reads 3.3v now on multimeter.

Do you think I damaged something on the board or I just corrupted the bios because of the probe pins?
                                      the solder on the solder pads has a small dents by the way, because of sharp probe pins. Is it possible that the problem comes from this? and I need to resolder the pads?

Comment

anyone pls help me to fix this error al try many bin files but after the installation of windows and connect to the internet the msg will be pup up ..
                                        and the windows is automatic shootdown..

DEviceFreeze 23174
                                        this computer has been lost or stolen. your internet protocol address ip address has been recorded. please contact corporate security immediately ....

https://www.4shared.com/photo/1ZdFKy..._840_g6_e.html
                                        https://www.4shared.com/photo/32vsfnRrea/hp_840_g6.html

https://www.4shared.com/file/GoHswu7..._unlocked.html bin fil..

Comment

Originally posted by yuan22231 View Post
                                          anyone pls help me to fix this error al try many bin files but after the installation of windows and connect to the internet the msg will be pup up ..
                                          and the windows is automatic shootdown..

DEviceFreeze 23174
                                          this computer has been lost or stolen. your internet protocol address ip address has been recorded. please contact corporate security immediately ....

https://www.4shared.com/photo/1ZdFKy..._840_g6_e.html
                                          https://www.4shared.com/photo/32vsfnRrea/hp_840_g6.html

https://www.4shared.com/file/GoHswu7..._unlocked.html bin fil..
                                          that is a computrace problem, send me the dump file of the bios chip. Both 32mb and 16mb. I'll try to help you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X