Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MacBook Pro 2019 A2159 Replacing SSD does it need programming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro 2019 A2159 Replacing SSD does it need programming?

Hi. I suspect the SSD has failed on this machine. I couldn't find answers googling it hence my question. Can you just take and replace SSD from another mac 2019 or it need to be programmed with serial numbers etc? Also eg. if my macbook is 128GB and using only one slot/bank for the SSD and another slot/bank is not being used (empty), can you remove the SSD from slot 1 and put it into slot 2, would it work? I know for a fact that those SSD are set in RAID partitions so if arranged in wrong order it's not going to work, but I'm curious if it needs programming also if the SSD can be soldered onto unused slot 2 leaving the slot 1 empty. Thanks

Re: MacBook Pro 2019 A2159 Replacing SSD does it need programming?

My understanding is the T2 is "married" to the SSD. Unknown what data exactly is relayed between the two but have heard it is all encrypted. Haven't heard of a successful SSD swap as yet, if you do have success let us know.

Comment

SSD ICs can be replaced from same model donor board (with similar storage configuration) or reconfigured with JC P13, then T2 DFU restore is needed. Of course data cannot be saved.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

can i install 512 or 1tb nands to board which was 128 from factory? i have p13

Comment

Working...
        X