Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Capacitor Value for NEC Tokin OE687

Good Day!
    May I ask what is the correct replacement tantalum capacitor for NEC Tokin OE687? I have already replaced it with 4pcs 330uf 2.5v, it powers up ok but still it could not install windows...Laptop model is samsung RV511..
    Thank you in advance...

Re: Replacement Capacitor Value for NEC Tokin OE687

Does it work better on battery power like the Toshiba laptops do? What are the full specs of the replacement capacitors. I think OE687 is 680uf.

Comment

Haven't tried that since battery is no good and needs replacement. It's 330uf 2.5v, 6mOHM ESR, according to the seller and since I'm not well versed on deciphering tantalum capacitor number coding, I'm not sure if it is accurate. I will post actual parts number of the capacitor I used tomorrow..

Anyway, if its specs are correct, will it be functional? Or maybe some other issue(s) are present on that motherboard that needs to be resolved, but where? What components are involved?

I have a background in basic electronics but still novice in more complicated issues..

Thanks for the response..

Comment

The ESR is a bit too high, Tokin capacitors usually have around 1mOhm. Try with 6 of those caps you have and see if anything changes for the better.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thanks for the reply!
          Can I use 220uF 2.5v? I have 4 pcs avilable which I have tried in this board previously...

Currently installed now is 330uf, 2.5v, will it work without issues?

Comment

replace the 330d near the cpu

Comment

Replaced the NEC Tokin with 4*330uF tantalum (not the best I know but that's what I had laying around) and 2*220uF aluminium, and it works perfectly fine. No longer BSoD or freeze while installing Windows 10.
              OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

4x330 is enough if they have low esr

Comment

Picked them up from another laptop motherboard, they weren't on CPU VCore. Didn't know their specs so I went safe and put 2 other caps.
                  OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Did u solved the problem with the 4*330uf tantalum?

Comment

Lazyboi any help from u?

Comment

Anybody has solved this problem ?

Comment

4*330u tantalum for Toshiba, 4*470u tantalum or 6*330u tantalum for Acer.
                          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

How about for samsung rv411. There use oe687 too. Already put 330uf x4. But still cant install window

Comment

Try adding another 2x 330uF or replace 330uF with 470uF. But first, try another CPU, maybe CPU got damaged somehow (although unlikely).

I first experienced this problem with Acer 6930G, some other shop had installed 4x 330uF and it would still crash. I put in 2 more and worked fine. I have been doing those with 4x 470uF since. I have done two 6930G and one 8930G until now, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X