Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baird T16509DLEDDS 65" UHD TV

Friend has asked me to look at a Baird T16509DLEDDS

When plugged in, red standby light comes on, press power and green light comes on, but get nothing apart from that.
    With back removed, there is a blue LED illuminated on the small network/wifi board (if thats what it is called lol)

I have tested the voltages coming from power board, and all seem ok, except dont get any readings for the power to the backlights, whether backlights are plugged in or not, is this normal?

Any suggestions what to try next, or any know issues much appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: Baird T16509DLEDDS 65" UHD TV

If all the supply voltages are normal, then the firmware may have crashed, if there is a programmer, then you can merge the contents (Dump) and put it here, I'll take a look and if it's not working, then I'll fix it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      If all the supply voltages are normal, then the firmware may have crashed, if there is a programmer, then you can merge the contents (Dump) and put it here, I'll take a look and if it's not working, then I'll fix it.
      I am unable to do that Im afraid :/

Comment

So, no picture on screen with flashlight? What is voltage across main capacitor?
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
          So, no picture on screen with flashlight? What is voltage across main capacitor?
          Yes there is picture with flashlight

Main cap voltages are 390v

I have a suspicion its the backlights at fault, however I dont really want to pull the screen if I dont have to being a 65", thats why I was asking when testing votages on the PB, should i get voltage where the backlights plug into?

Comment

If you have a picture when using a flashlight, 99% of the time it’s the backlights that are bad

Comment

When turning on tv you should get a voltage rise on the led pins.
              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
                When turning on tv you should get a voltage rise on the led pins.
                Cheers m8, I was doing it wrong, I was turning TV on then testing voltage afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
                  If you have a picture when using a flashlight, 99% of the time it’s the backlights that are bad
                  Yeah I know m8, was just throwing me off that I wasnt getting backlight voltage from PB, but I was testing incorrectly

Comment

Problem solved, backlight failure, thankyou everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X