Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ME Firmware Cleaning Guide

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    It means the ME firmware is already cleaned.
    Thanks for clarifying,.

So it means ME firmware is clean for all files as all bios files which i got showed same status whether it is original bios or downloaded from HP website.

Alright i got it thanks and also if you have time reply my other created threads.
    i have an updated situation there.

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post
      Thanks for clarifying,.

So it means ME firmware is clean for all files as all bios files which i got showed same status whether it is original bios or downloaded from HP website.

Alright i got it thanks and also if you have time reply my other created threads.
      i have an updated situation there.
      If the bios update image is a full bios including the ME firmware and not just a bios update then yes.Once the laptop is booted the ME will be married to the chipset and become initialised. For more info see the ME cleaning guide at win-raid section A. ,B. , C. https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...lization/31277

Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:19 AM.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Which part in particular are you getting stuck with
        I'm not sure where, maybe i need more practice.
        and how we get rsa key or can rsa key generate by software ?
        i read on some forums that some bios need rsa key when we clean ME section
        CMIIW

Comment

Originally posted by martha februarini View Post
          I'm not sure where, maybe i need more practice.
          and how we get rsa key or can rsa key generate by software ?
          i read on some forums that some bios need rsa key when we clean ME section
          CMIIW
          The key is generated by openssl ,see the definitive win-raid guide linked above ,read this section -

D4. CSME 11 - 14 & CSTXE 3 - 4

7.Go to "Platform Protection" and check if "Platform Integrity" section is present. If "Platform Integrity" section is present, continue as instructed below. Otherwise, proceed to the next step of the guide.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

If the bios update image is a full bios including the ME firmware and not just a bios update which is the bios region then yes.Once the laptop is booted the ME will be married to the chipset and become initialised. For more info see the ME cleaning guide at win-raid section A. ,B. , C. https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...lization/31277
            Hi, this guide is very valuable and i am currently reading it and trying to understand these methods .On the other hand i am sharing an image of ME analyzer reading the file bios bin and it has state configured but i am not able to understand Chipset status , SKU is Consumer H which is valid but chipset name i am not getting it.

Thanks in advance.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:19 AM.

Comment

what do you think about "Intel Easy Clean Me"? i use this before and it worked for me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oscars View Post
                what do you think about "Intel Easy Clean Me"? i use this before and it worked for me.
                Maybe it help you for some models , but not a good one.
                Try the official soft : Flah image tool

If you follow the guide post it By SMDflea , you will be sure that your clean is perfect

Comment

when i try to open bios file i get this error
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                    The bios is corrupt.Post it in the bios requests for fixing .

Comment

The bios is corrupt.Post it in the bios requests for fixing .
                      but it show me even on known good bios

Comment

but it show me even on known good bios
                        You should open the bios with ME Analyzer first and check what ME firmware version you have,then you need the FIT tools version that matches. You`ve been trying to open a G50-70 bios that has an ME FW version 9.5 with FIT 11 . Each ME firmware version has its own set of tools.There`s a link in the first post to all the tools, and the full ME cleaning guide at win-raid .
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-21-2020, 05:18 AM.

Comment

@smdflea, is the procedure same for TXE cleaning?? Why a cleaned file shows a lot of warning and error(even a original dump also) with MEA for ME 12.0 or higher??

Comment

Hi, im trying to clean a ME region on a mba 7.1 im using this file MB71_003F_00B.scap
                            with uefitool ne alpha 58. I can't seem to find the ME region raw section.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                              @smdflea, is the procedure same for TXE cleaning?? Why a cleaned file shows a lot of warning and error(even a original dump also) with MEA for ME 12.0 or higher??
                              Yes its the same for TXE except the FW needs renaming to TXE Region.bin for versions 1,2,3.For version 4 rename to TXE Sub Partition.bin .The win-raid guide has everything you need to know.

Ive had the same MEA error messages in the past with a few bios,updating to the latest version made the errors go away. https://github.com/platomav/MEAnalyzer/releases

Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-01-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ligym60 View Post
                                Hi, im trying to clean a ME region on a mba 7.1 im using this file MB71_003F_00B.scap
                                with uefitool ne alpha 58. I can't seem to find the ME region raw section.
                                You can find apple ME FW here - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83137 , @piernov has a good video too showing how to extract the ME from the scap files and how to use the correct FIT settings

Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-01-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much it was a quick fix because of your help

Comment

Thank you very much it was a quick fix because of your help
                                    You`re welcome

Comment

one last question is it nessary to pram when cleaning ME region?

Comment

one last question is it nessary to pram when cleaning ME region?
                                        Only if it doesn`t boot.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that

Comment

Working...
                                          X