Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 55LF6000-UB main board swap from 55UH6090 powered up but component on MB fried.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55LF6000-UB main board swap from 55UH6090 powered up but component on MB fried

55LF6000 is a non smart TV and doesn't take long to boot. It is completely different from a UH smart TV main. Quick ebay search shows it selling for less than $20. Also shows Shopjimmy is selling a eeprom for it for a few bucks less than a used board. If eeprom suspect, freeze it with upside down can of duster before plugging in.
    Last edited by neilc6; 04-04-2022, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Re: LG 55LF6000-UB main board swap from 55UH6090 powered up but component on MB fried

Optical port being lit does not indicate that main board has booted fully. Backlight on and response to button or remote...would mean a lot more...as far as I know. If Im wrong about that then someone please explain more. And yes the photo with the lit optical port is the original main
      Last edited by triplefour; 04-04-2022, 05:28 PM.
      Don't fear the repair...

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
        55LF6000 is a non smart TV and doesn't take long to boot. It is completely different from a UH smart TV main. Quick ebay search shows it selling for less than $20. Also shows Shopjimmy is selling a eeprom for it for a few bucks less than a used board. If eeprom suspect, freeze it with upside down can of duster before plugging in.
        You know I've always worried about this method and have been scared to do it the few times I have. The cold air makes condensation all around the board which means water all over the place. How is this not dangerous ? Also how does freezing the bios ic help it to work again? Is it that it contracts possible broken traces ?
        Don't fear the repair...

Comment

@ triplefour: I got many 55LF6000 boards just laying around. No charge, just PM EBT# and location.

Comment

Originally posted by triplefour View Post
            If Im wrong about that then someone please explain more. And yes the photo with the lit optical port is the original main
            we are here not to judge on any if wrong or correct... its just general info we are exchange.. if you are interest.. plug ur TV in wall and notice that front LED may blink 2-3 time then stooped then after this period the Optical will lit on.. just notice the timing which it could be also within 1.2 second.

last step at booting.. Main soc say i am ready.. SPI stop.. all DC to DC will turn on..
            NO RC or BL are different issue as they are at first script on SPI and if the SPI fine but the 1.5V to NAND failed mean Main firmware will not start.. TV stay as blind.
            LG MB and its WEBOS didn't have any to watch and report.. so it pass unless there are HW defect/ short/ will be no function.. dead... not as you have Optic work and USB ports too of sure.

Comment

Originally posted by handsworth View Post
              @ triplefour: I got many 55LF6000 boards just laying around. No charge, just PM EBT# and location.
              Sorry I tuned out for a minute there and some how missed notification that there were new replies. I have put the TV away for now but I will be back soon. What do you mean by EBT number tho? I assume it's not food stamps!!!
              Don't fear the repair...

Comment

ebt is a number on a white sticker, when ordering parts thats the number i use

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                  ebt is a number on a white sticker, when ordering parts thats the number i use
                  thanks ill look for it when i put the tv back on the bench
                  Don't fear the repair...

Comment

Working...
                  X