Palit GTX 1060 3gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palit GTX 1060 3gb

Hello, I have faulty 1060. I'm missing 5 and 1.8 v. 12 and 3.3 seem fine. I need schematics or board of of this card or of a similar one so I can trace the 12 v rail to the 5v buck converter.
    Also If someone had dealings with such a card, I will appreciate the assistance.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-10-2022, 03:46 PM.

Re: Need schematics/boardview of Palit GTX 1060 3gb

Hi, 1060 has the same boardview and schematics as the 1080, look for it and if not found i can upload later.

12 and 3.3V are external power, 5V is generated form 12V in the card, 1,8 and PEX comes when 5V is generated.

Comment

Hello and thx for your reply!
      Yes, I know that about the voltages. But I have 0 v. to the buck convertor that should start the 5 v rail. I have 0 v. on all 8 legs, which should means that nor the 3.3, nor the 12 v (VIN), are getting there. I'd like to know why is that. I need to find the 3.3 way to the convertor and the 12 v to the VIN pin, right?
      I have few boardviews from 1070, but if you have something closer to mine, I will very appreciate if you share it with me.
      Also any advice on what should my steps be in diagnosing the whole problem are welcomed.
      Thx in advance!

Comment

Please confirm, the 5V buck converter is marked U2?? and is it 7296f?

If so, 12V comes from a resistor marked R987 (0 Ohms), maybe its blown.

If 3.3 at pin number 6, enable, is 0V, maybe the chip is shorted to ground (nice moment to test it resistance to 0 at all pins), it comes from R922, maybe its blown too.

Ill try to test Ic shorted to ground, if so you will have to remove it, then test again resistances to ground at all pins.

Have luck

Comment

Hello, again!
          So, my units 1 and 3 are empty. The buck convertor in question (the one I think does the 5 v) is U3.
          The BC itself is 08-50E and I was unable to identify it more specifically.
          I tested 2 of the 0 Ohms resistors near (marked on one of the pics) - they both shows values between 0.002-3. On the other hand, some times they read O.L. I read a little bit and even on 0 ohms resistors 0 or 0.001 is different from O.L. Not sure if my multimeter (Mestek DM90A) has some problems though.
          On the buck converter (the numbers on the legs I gave is random, because I\m not sure 1). When I use the beep mode, I get beeps only on the right side - 1, 3 and 4. When I measure resistance to GND I got: 1 - 19 Ohms; 2 - around 80kOhms; 3 and 4 - 0.002 Ohms; 5 - 6 mOhms; 6 - 13.5 kOhms; 7 - 200 kOhms; 8 - 22.8 kOhms.
          Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Palit GTX 1060 3gb

Hello, I the same faulty palit 1060.
            I'm missing 1,8V.
            I found out if i short the 10k Resistor near Q50 all Voltage are ok then, but the card do not start.
            I would like to know what is this Q50?
            Attached Files

Comment

Boardview or scematics of the card would help a lot.
              TY

Comment

I think the coil L1 is the 1.8v line because of the 10th generation model. The u10 fet is a 1.5v vram line. The u12 fet is a 0.9 Gpu line. IC u17 is the 1.1v vBoot line
                Last edited by ductranvinh; 06-17-2022, 06:11 PM.
                PC work for schemaltic:
                Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
                CPU: I3-3240
                Ram: 16Gb
                Graphic Card: GTX 1050Ti zotac 4Gb Mini
                SSD: 120Gb
                HDD: 2Tb

Comment

Working...
                X