Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS ROG G14 (GA401) battery spark, dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS ROG G14 (GA401) battery spark, dead.

Yea i tougt first something was wrong with datalines. Or with resistor on bq but when i measuredthere was 3,3v on bat_pres and 0v when battery was connected , clk an pdata has 3,3 v so i was sure it was not in bq area. So i went to the first mosfet and measure and it was shorted to D -G SO I Search for replacement and replace it . Bit i found it strange how it come the first mosfet get shorted suddenly. But it is fixed and i am happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
      By the way here is shematic and brdview
      Omfg thanks been looking for this for a long while now.

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to this, but before i start checking i have one missing, might it be the reason the battery doesn't charge? the laptop works just fine, with the ac power, i also bought a new battery but no luck. Thanks in advance
        Attached Files

Comment

No. But be sure the solder between the pads are not shorting to each other.

Meter in resistance mode. Remove all power.

One probe on one pad.

Other meter probe on the other pad.

What is the reading? It should not be 0 ohms.

The pin is linked to the smbus lines. You are missing an esd diode like the black part nearby on the battery connector. That is the other smbus line.

Comment

thank you for the reply.

I tested and indeed the reading is not 0 ohms at least. I see no visible damage either, i really don't know where to start

Comment

One side (the large PCB traces) = ground.

Other side (the skinny PCB trace to the battery connector) = signal lines.

We need to check if the skinny traces are at the proper voltage or not.

There are 2 such lines for the SMBUS interconnect:

SCL
              SDA

Each must be not stuck voltages.

Meter in dc volts scale of 10v or higher is ok.

Red meter probe on the pad with the skinny trace. Black to ground.

What is the measurement? Repeat with the other skinny trace that is right beside this one but has the black ESD diode still on the board.

Each should be ~3v if all is well. You do need to connect the adapter to measure these legs of the circuit.

Post each measurement.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mon2; 02-22-2023, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X