Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics card repair, Basic Measurements

Hi everyone!
    The preface to this article is for those who are new to graphics card repair. I'm not as talented as mods or admins either.
    But in this article, I will guide you through the most basic things to quickly recognize the disease in each block, so that you can make a foundation as well as form a habit.

Note! This article may or may not be true.

Measurement: (must have boardview of course)
    Adjust the impedance scale

12v block
    Measure the 12v fuses, see if they burn out.
    If the fuse blows, the risk of burning the pcb is quite high. When the PCB is burnt, the whole circuit can short 12v all the rails on the pcb.
    If the pcb is still ok and does not burn, the possibility of a short fet is high.

5v block
    Measure 5v coil impedance to ground
    If the coil does not have a voltage of 5v, the coil must be removed to handle voltage loss first or voltage loss later.

3.3v block
    Measure the impedance of pin 8 on the motherboard contacts
    If short, 100% gpu is dead

1.8v block (Required voltage is always available)
    Measure coil impedance 1.8v
    Usually not short. The common disease is no voltage.

Block 1.01v (or vboot 1.1v for 10th generation cards and below)
    Usually this block is not short

GPU block
    Usually this block has very low internal resistance. So you don't need to care about this block very much. Because when measuring block 3.3v can ignore this block

vRam block
    Usually this block has a low internal resistance of 3.5 - 4.7ohm. If internal returns to 0, then surely 1 or 1 pair of ram is dead.
    ** This line voltage theory is 1.5 even d5 or d6. In fact, when operating, the voltage ranges from 1.3 to 1.4v.

Focus and work quickly. You only need to measure 12v and 3.3v blocks. unit

Loss of voltage in one of these blocks has about 90% chance of causing card not detected error and 10% causing "!" legendary
    PC work for schemaltic:
    Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
    CPU: I3-3240
    Ram: 16Gb
    Graphic Card: GTX 1050Ti zotac 4Gb Mini
    SSD: 120Gb
    HDD: 2Tb
Working...
X