This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all brand new to the world of caps, been dabbling for a while and trying to muddle my way through.Glad i found this site maybe make life a little easier. Can help with things on the PC o/s side of things.

Comment

Hi all, stumbled upon this forum while searching for my Samsung 740N LCD (no power) solution. Replace 3 bad caps as discussed here : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5136 and now it has power, thank you ... but it still has no backlight .. ouch ... will keep reading to find the solution.

Comment

I'm a new member hoping to find some clues to a Sony Bravia problem I'm currently experiencing. My career has been in tv broadcasting maintenance for many years with a lot of personal work on the side. My particular interests are in video and audio, with an emphasis on not spending a lot of money to get things working again. I hope I will be able to contribute useful information along the way. I've lived in Maryland for many years.

Comment

Hi ya folks! Just found this forum by googling about an LCD I have and it came up. Must say nice forum you have here! I think I'm gonna enjoy this place!

gmp

Comment

Broken Samsung LCD TV with some bulging caps. I found this forum on google. Had a few questions so I though I would sign up. -Cstein

Comment

Hi everyone
              I am a graduate with a mathematics and statistics major. I am happy to be part of this great forum. I love computers as well as gaming. I am a newbie in electronics and hope to learn a lot from you guys here.

Comment

Hello everyone, I am PC technician and I need help to repair the PSU, i think i can find answer here. I'm not a beginner in electronics but not an expert either, and if I can also help i will be happy

Comment

hello from canada!

i'm more of a software guy... i found this site when looking up the model of a "free" monitor i got...

Comment

hello from the Czech republic, Europe ...

I found this forum when searching for some repair info on fixing backlight on my LG L1732p ...

i am signing in because I see a lot of quite experienced people around here ...

Comment

Hello from Chillicothe, Ohio USA

Like many of you, I found this site from a google query about a specific product.

Age 61 (ie Dinosaur) with component repair primarily in the theater, AV, and video systems realms. Last 18 years have been in the computer field where modules rather than components seem to be the lowest level of repairability. Pleased to see the emphasis and interest in component level troubleshooting.

Still soldering...

Comment

Hi, nice to be accepted here.

I'm Edgar, 57 yrs old, doing electronics repairs. Found this site as very informative, especially in the field of computer cpu's and display.

Hope i can also extend some help with a little knowledge i've got on the topic.

Ed

Comment

Hi, I'm Mike.
                          Been in the TV trade since 1967! I'll probably get sick of it soon - I have a short attention span...
                          Lol.

Comment

I come here to kick a** and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Actually I'm just here to try and fix some power supplies.

Comment

Showmemule
                              Four daughters, and a wife lots of electronic meltdowns. Its been trial by fire. I guess need is the mother of knowledge. Couldnt afford to hire someone, so Iam trying to teach myself
                              Been working with t.v's, computors, ipods, etc for about 3 years now. Fixed a good many. Wanting to expand my knowledge, and learn. I have read some posts, seems like there are alot of smart propeller heads here, cant wait to be one.

Comment

I'm in Kansas City. Last spring I built myself a new computer as I usually do every couple of years. This time I added a new case and moved the dvd, cd, and video card leaving me with an empty case and motherboard. Just before Christmas, I thought I'd play with some different flavors of linux, because I was able to to boot the old Foxconn from usb.

Something peculiar happened. If I visited weather.com with Firefox, the computer would turn itself off. It would happen once and a while doing something else and some builds like Mint were worse than others, but Firefox at weather.com would almost always cause an instant power down. After changing the power supply and running memtest, I finally crawled inside the case and discovered four leaking capacitors near the cpu. That led to discovering this site. It also caused me to remember why I got the Foxconn in the first place. I'd had an Asrock Dual Sata2 which died early which I took to the shop. The technician told me that it had died because of a leaking capacitor. Now I'm wondering if I should try to recap the Asrock which has been sitting in a box for a few years, or just mess with the Foxconn which does still work. Since I haven't messed with a soldering iron since the '70s, I figure I'm pretty apt to kill which ever one I touch. With the Foxconn, I could be assured that I'd killed it. With Asrock, I'd never know for sure.

Comment

Try the Asrock first, if it works, do the Foxconn. Why not start a thread in the relevant tech forum?

Comment

Hi,
                                    I'm new and trying to learn more about electronics as I go. I hate junking useful stuff especially when a part to fix it only costs a buck or two. I found this forum searching for issues with a Dell flat screen. Anyhow, I hope to learn more.
                                    Josh

Comment

Hello,
                                      I'm always happy to find new information sources for my electronics projects and this is a great site for information, thanks.

Jim

Comment

Hi All

My name is Fernie and I have been playing around with monitors for about a year. I have only fixed 3 monitors thus far. Just the east fixes with "visibly" badcaps.
                                        I look forward to getting more into these LCD monitors.

Fernie

Comment

AH! the addiction starts, trust me wants you let the elctronic repair genie out of the bottle, it wont go back in. ENJOY!

Comment

Working...
                                          X