Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, everybody

Borce Markovski
    LabVIEW programmer
    Engineer of Electronics and Telecommunications

Republic of Macedonia

Comment

Just wanted to say hi and happy to have joined this forum. Been wanting to get more into components on computers and other electronics. Although I'm no expert and don't claim to be, I consider myself higher up than noob at least, working with computers all day every day and also appliances (maytag man...and no I'm not as lonely as they say lol) These appliances have more electronics than some computers I've seen. Meaning I am into wiring diagrams all day long.

Dennis

Comment

Hey There,
        The name is Justin (aka Driftwood) and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
        I've recently started working in an audio post-production house for the film and TV industry. Great job, with something new to do each day.
        I found this forum while investigating a LCD monitor problem.
        Repairing these monitors will be my first re-capping job, and I'm looking forward to getting into it.

Catch you round the traps.

Driftwood

Comment

Hello folks! I'm Alex from Malaysia..

Have worked as software programmer and technical support. I've done quite a number of recapping myself on motherboards, PSUs, LCD monitors, power adapters and other peripherals (also managed to revive most of them). As I've found out early on, badcaps was a major problem for failures and problems in many electronic equipment.

Comment

Hello All, new guy from Alabama here. Found this forum looking for help fixing a power supply. Have some working knowledge of electronics (just above newbie)

Will be searching for and asking for some help I'm sure,but probably wont be much help in return So far have recapped 2 mobo's 2 Lcd displays and 1 Imac power supply with help from the forum. Thank's Guy's. Todd

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi Guys just introducing myself, great forum, very informative.

Cheers

Ska

Comment

Hello

I'm from Portugal and have been lurking around for some time.

Today I take the decision to become member of this thoughtful comunity..

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am in Sweden and I have two dead iMac G5 due to bad caps. I would like to have them up and running again, and google pointed me to this place. I have a MSc degree in electronics engineering, but sit by a computer all day long...

Comment

Hello all,
                      My name is Ben and I've worked in the IT field for about 14 years. I have a graduate degree in computer science and computer information systems with a minor in management, along with a few professional certifications. I took some basic electronics classes in high school, but have always been interested in old (and new) audio equipment and electronics. I used to love trolling the garage sales for old stereo and videogame equipment and just found a sweet pong game at the local Salvation Army. I inherited a couple dead LCDs this winter, and discovered this site while trying to fix them. I appreciate all of the people who take the time to respond to our questions and share their extensive knowledge with us. I needed something to occupy my time during the cold winter months anyway. ;-)

-Ben
                      Northern Minnesota

Comment

I would just like to introduce myself.

I am located in England just north of Manchester and now retired. My working life involved telephones, televisions, computers and database management for a local authority.

I came across this site via Google whilst looking for information on Benq LCD monitors.

This site contains a large amount of useful information which I hope I can contribute to in the future.

Doug

Comment

Howdy folks,

I'm Davisdog (people in the real world call me Geoff.) I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago while looking for a replacement motherboard for desktop. I had no idea that repairing them was possible. Now I've ordered some caps from Badcaps and am looking forward to kicking this mobo's ass!

Davisdog.

Comment

Hey everyone; I'm Jason. I've been working with electronics (repairing and designing) since I was about 12 years old - though I admit that at 12 what I did was a hair more basic lol. I've lurked here for a while and have seen a lot of helpful stuff and since people here seem decent I figured it was time to join.

Comment

Greetings from southwest Florida.

Name is Ken.

I own and operate a mobile computer service business. I do pretty much everything from building custom systems to designing and implementing small business networks and everything in between. Of course the repairs, upgrades, etc of laptops, desktops, and whatever else you might need help with as far as electronics or technology goes.

I have done very little board level component replacement. A few laptop power jack replacements and a few vented cap replacements.

A friend of mine referred me here (I don't know his username).

Anyway....guess that's it for now. Looks like I could spend hours on here reading some good stuff.

- Later!

Ken

Comment

Hello All from Western NC!

I am a planner for a manufacturing plant. I also build computers both for myself and work. That's how I found this forum. My workplace was going to throw away a Viewsonic VX2235MW monitor that wouldn't power on. Needless to say I could stand to watch such a nice looking piece of equipment get tossed, so I adopted it!! Pulled it apart and saw the bulged capacitors!! Looks like I am going to have a very nice monitor on my hand for very little out of pocket cost!!!

This is an awesome site for solid information.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello, I stumbled on to this site during a google search for a MLT168A power supply. I could tell right away this site is filled with a wealth of info. I am in upstate NY. I am a hobbyist, as well as an ENG/TECH/IT for a local television station. I am still working on that supply I think I have a shorted zener or something, it did have four bulging caps that I replaced, there are likely more bad, but I fall short on time. Just a little 27" LCD TV that I would rather not be landfill food. Thats about it, thanks for having me.

Comment

Hi all i'm Ken,
                                    I've been tinkering with stuff that plugs in, lights up or burns fuel since the age of about 10 ! (long time ago now) I grew up with acoustic couplers, paper tape, commodore pets and built an rs232 interface for my 1st Vic 20 so I could chat online with a neighbour (before online existed as we know it) , I speak DOS and dream in Hexadecimal of ways to simplify ms windows so it works properly!

In conclusion = Geek

Comment

I own a small graphic design and printing business here in upstate NY so I have a lot of equipment powered by electronics. I have tinkered with electronics but haven't touched things that I need for work. I'm tired of replacing things when their built-in power supplies burn out so I'm here to research some of these devices and try to figure out how to fix them myself.

Comment

Hello.

I am having trouble reassembling my Gateway 2485w, after replacing bad caps on the power supply.

I am going to post up pics and describe my problem, and hopefully someone who has already done this repair can help.

Basically, I cant get the ribbon cable reattached to the panel menu system button board.

Comment

Hi. Looking around with the intention of "recapping" my dear old Asus A8N motherboard. Have experienced wondrous leaking capacitors over the years. Have a dreadful soldering iron which doesn't get hot enough.

Comment

Working...
                                          X