This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I'am new to th forum and would like like to say a few things about myself. I recently have time to get back into playing with electrcal/electronics and came across this forum and read some very helpful information and decided to join up and maybe we can help each other in the future. Thank's Scott.

Comment

Good morning everyone, I would just like to say hello and thank you for allowing me to become a member of this great center for information and help.

Comment

Guess i will throw out an obligatory hello. I have been looking for a forum like this although i just tinker on laptops for fun in my spare time i have already repaired one from a thread here. since it was given to me free and its a dual core system i'm very pleased. hope to spend a bit more time here reading and learning more.

a quick bout me sentence......im a farmer in VA, love the laid back nothin important having to be done lifestyle. 38yrs old and have been repairing computers for around 14 years.

Comment

Sorry - Already stuck my own "special" introduction thread in the off topic lounge (if one of the mods can please delete that to save me a little embarresment would be good )

Craig - Scottish but live in Newfoundland Canada - Got here looking to solve my problems with an LG 50pg10 (usual sound no picture problem) - lots of threads on the issue so thanks for that

Comment

Helllo, new member from the NETHERLANDS.

Comment

New member known as EdDataFix:
              Late 60's started NYU/ electronics engineering but was drafted.
              Earily 70's worked on Bell Army helicopters - Avionics, while stationed in Tungsun-ng.
              Mid 70's worked at Lockedheed computer division .
              Board repair on analog and digital - RTL, DTL and TTL logic circuits.
              80's started work with CPM computers, terminals and printers.
              90's worked as electronics tech. and later computer tech on the bench and in the field.
              95 started own computer/peripheral repair business.
              Now I mostly work on LCD monitor and laser printer repair.
              Heard good things on Sci.Electronics.Repair Group about this forum.
              I know repair info that could be helpful to others.
              ALways looking for components sources and tips.

Comment

Hi all ! My name is TerryficTV because I am basically a TV tech and above average in electronic repair. I am self-employed & need all the help I can get ! Repair work is interesting & challenging ....I am 60 years old & still learning every day ! I also like to help others when possible....So.....Let's fix it !

Comment

Hello I am the newest member of the forums. From WV USA

Comment

well new here i've been a computer tech for the last 7 years into the hardware side mostly .Like to fix things other people can't or won't like bad caps on motherboards or lcds. Love to play video games on my pc when not working

Comment

Hi, my name is Jared from Lancaster, CA. I just opened up a new electronics repair shop and this forum looks like a great place to get help and share information with good people! I am 27 and have working on computers since dos days and electronics for the last 7 years or so. I am getting pretty good at soldering and diagnosing problems, but still a long way from pro I fix a lot of small stuff like cell phones and video games, but now i'm getting into LCD & plasma TVs, pro audio gear, and anything else a customer send my way! Well thanks for hosting this great site and I look forware to becoming an active member of the community.

Jared - iTek

Comment

This is Peter and I'm a new member today. Discovered your thread about AV123 Rocket UFW-10 subwoofer. I have two of them. One hums loudly and the other has no output. Sounds like the info in this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6751 will help me with repair. Hoping that replacing the power supply Caps will do the trick. I'll send a message to member "atari" to see how things are working since his posting in March 2009. I live in Western, NC and enjoy all types of audio equipment, both home and pro gear. Haven't done much soldering work since my early Heathkit days so this repair should test my skills. I have a vintage Quad II tube mono amp that I want to tackle next with some parts replacement. If I run into trouble tracking down the appropriate Caps I'll reach out to you. Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys, i came across this site via google when looking for a fix to my plasma series 6 58inch problem. Hopefully i can learn enough to fix it correctly. Looking forward to the experience.

Comment

Hello everyone, I stumbled onto this site a couple of months ago while I was googleing some information on ESR meters. Thanks to this site and the extensive information provided by its' members, I purchased the ESR-micro v4.0. It has saved the day on numerous occasions already. BCN continues to be a good source of information and I thank you all.

Hey itek!, I'm from Lancaster, CA too, what are the odds? And on the same day even!

xt3rx

Comment

Hi every body, my name is clem. I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada
                              very interesting site.I was always fixing things growing up. hope to learn some more stuff here
                              thanks

Comment

hi guys newbie here looks great,Ihope to learn off you guys ! I am from England, cheers
                                Last edited by supaduper; 04-02-2011, 02:55 AM.

Comment

My name is Pamela, from Massachusetts and am a self-employed computer repair tech. I also do repair on laser printers and such. Repair on LMR (land mobile radio) and can do SMD repairs. Also involved in Amateur Radio if any here know what that is

I really appreciate being allowed to belong to such a GREAT group. It's a nice change from others I have been in, where it just seems that the main attitude is, "I WANT HELP NOW!!, without any concern in giving back to the community. But here it is VERY different, everyone shares and tries their best, and some go way out above and beyond to help. I'll help out anyway that I can when possible.

Pamela
                                  Pamela

Comment

Hi, I joined based on the highly technical nature of the discussions that I've read through tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to find the info I need to fix my own component's issues.

Comment

Hi, I joined recently and have found this to be a great forum full of accurate information and helpful people.

Comment

I joined the forum years ago when issues with the old Antec SmartPower ATX PSUs were popping up everywhere, but I spend much more time working on cars than I do on computers anymore. When I recently had some issues after a lightening strike, I remembered about this place There's lots of useful info here... hopefully documenting my problems (and solutions ) will be helpful to someone else!

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm Willit from Australia. I found this site while attempting to repair an LCD monitor that had some bad caps. This site has been very informative and it has inspired me to have another look at some PSU's and LCD's that I have put aside. I may be asking for some help later. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                          X