Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 42LGX Mystery Part- at least to me;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 42LGX Mystery Part- at least to me;-)

The above worked for me, had a TV with the same board and the same symptoms (horizontal static lines) and after swapping over the 100uf 16v smd caps its now working properly.

I only changed the ones you can get at without removing the soldered on cover part (missed a few around the edge under the metal cover)

Unfortunately I didn't test the replacements one at a time so can't narrow down any further any specific ones that need replacing.

Comment

Sorry I have not responded in a while- moved this last year and just did not catch up with everything.

Just before I moved, I found a second, cheap replacement for that odd Signal Board that sits between the mainboard and the T-Con board, and that seems to have fixed it- TV has been fine since then. Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to try and replace the capacitors on the old Signal Board, as has been suggested here, but may try in the future if the issue returns- seems like this is an issue with these particular boards.

Comment

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I just fixed a LG 42LGX with the horizontal colored lines by following achavez712001's recommendation to replace all the 100, 22, and 4.7 uf on the EAX41602202 (scaler?) board. Getting the top shield frame off was a hassle, I ended up cutting off the tangs that attach the bottom shield. When I was done replacing the caps I soldered the top shield on and soldered used solder wick to the bottom shield and board. With the new solder wick tangs, 8 of them makes the shield plenty secure.

Reinstalled the board and the colored lines are gone. The customer was happy and claimed the picture was clearer and more vivid than before.

Comment

Working...
        X