Vizio V705-G1 Flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio V705-G1 Flickering

Just picked this one up, the screen flickers as in this video. I will take some measurement tomorrow. Thought somebody might have seen this one before. It kinda looks like some arcing by where the backlight wires go through to the front. I cut the loom open as far as I can get but don't see anything obvious. Here is link to screen flickering. https://youtu.be/cJRi7v0ypn8
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio V705-G1 Flickering

Must of the plugs are dual rows, I guess it’s best to check from the back? Since I cut the loom open it now just starts up and turns back off in about 3 seconds. Looks like I need to remove screen to see the rest of that harness.

Comment

That model likely uses local dimming so the LED strips are controlled row by row. What happens when you turn off local dimming? I have seen on one Vizio with local dimming that one bad LED in the strip will cause the entire strip to go out.

Comment

I dont see a standby termnal, would it be named something else on this board?
        Attached Files

Comment

Well reseated some cables and moved the backlight cable around some and it seems to be working fine now. I did order a backlight cable to replace that one and when I pull the screen will check all leds at that time.

Comment

Did you ever get a resolution on this? Was it the backlight/LED cabling? Mine is doing the exact same thing as the youtube video.

Comment

Working...
            X