Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ms 7673 ver 1.0 (p67a-c45 b3)

Hello guys,
    i need help figuring out what's the problem on a p67a-c45 b3 (ms 7673 ver 1.0) motherboard from MSI. I bought it on eBay with a i7 2600 as "replacement". To avoid the risk of demaging the i7, tests were done with an i3 2120. I don't have a boardview. I have a schematic of a ms 7673 ver 2.0 .

It doesnt' power on, and the PSU fan is not spinning. 5VSB is present on the ATX connector pin and at Vin pin of one of the regulator (uP7706U8). 3VSB seems to be assent at 99 pin of SIO (F71889AD). All regulator seems to lack output 3vsb voltage (maybe there is only one that has to do it but i can't find it).

I checked the resistance from PCH capacitors and it's in the 10-12 ohm range. Is it too low?

With ATX power plug connected to ATX connector on motherboard and PS_ON shorted to ground with a wire, the MOBO powers on. My post card says "EF EF", a problem that seems to be correlated with floppy disk (????). Buzzer makes no sounds.

The strange thing is that before writing this post, I did a deep clean with isopropylic alchol and after connecting the 24 pin power connector and 8 pin power connector the mobo started a boot cycle. I was able to check Voltage on input and output of some regulators and 5V and 3.3 V were present. After powering off the PSU and tried to powering on again, the mobo was dead again, with the same problems as before (no 3VSB ecc ecc).

Could be the PSU the problem (i can powering it on with PS_ON shorted to ground and Voltages seem fine, fan spins).

I'm a newbie in electronics repair (and electronics in general). I wanna start a repair hobby during my free time. At the moment i have a bench power supply, a pci post card, multimeter, hot air station, soldering iron, eeprom programmer and some spare parts. Can't buy more things at the moment, maybe in the future. Schematics seem to be a little confusing for me, i'm here to learn

Sorry for my english, maybe i'll get better practicing it.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Ms 7673 ver 1.0 (p67a-c45 b3)

I found a boardview of a ms-7673 ver 2.0, and as i can see it's pretty similar to my motherboard. In the first 3 pictures you can see a power mosfet (p channel) that should have 5 volt on drain (5vsb) with psu connected . My motherboard, with the same power mosfet and psu connected, has 5 volt on gate and 5 volt on source. Should instead have 5 volt on drain being a p channel mosfet? This PMOS should give 5 VSB or am i wrong? I've seen a signal named 5VSB_OFF_GATE in the schematic (photo attached), could be this the problem?

I attached boardview, schematic and some of my motherboard photos. I hope you could help me figuring out what's the problem. Thanks!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X