short on vmem GTX 1660 Super

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short on vmem GTX 1660 Super

Hello everyone, i have a gtx 1660s new, it's was working perfectly then one day after rebooting the pc, I see smoke going out from the card, so I turned off and opened the GPU to see what it's burned, and I found one MOSFET for the VRAM was Dead, so I change new one and the same thing happened the MOSFET burn, so I have a short somewhere, so I checked the voltage and found that resistance on 1.8v was low, also the output of the vmem inductor and the caps until the memory was shorted to ground.
    The problem is that i can't know from where the Short can come because there is no chip between the output of the VRAM and the memory, so do you think guy that the problem can come from one of the 6 memory?
    Do i need to remove them one by one to check?

Thanks in advance guys
    Attached Files

Re: short on vmem GTX 1660 Super

Originally posted by farouk94 View Post
    Hello everyone, i have a gtx 1660s new, it's was working perfectly then one day after rebooting the pc, I see smoke going out from the card, so I turned off and opened the GPU to see what it's burned, and I found one MOSFET for the VRAM was Dead, so I change new one and the same thing happened the MOSFET burn, so I have a short somewhere, so I checked the voltage and found that resistance on 1.8v was low, also the output of the vmem inductor and the caps until the memory was shorted to ground.
    The problem is that i can't know from where the Short can come because there is no chip between the output of the VRAM and the memory, so do you think guy that the problem can come from one of the 6 memory?
    Do i need to remove them one by one to check?

Thanks in advance guys
    remove the coils from 1.8V, inject a voltage of 1.8V from a source that has at least 3A, towards the side with the memories, and see which part heats up.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
    X