Sapphire R9 270x missing component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sapphire R9 270x missing component

Trying to repair a Sapphire R9 270x that has a million issues, and recently i added another one. I broke one of the legs of what looks like a transistor at Q252 on the board near to the fan plug, with the marking C3k0P. I have searched everywhere about it and can't find any info as to what it might be. I initially suspected it was a diode but seeing that the board marks diodes with a D i dismissed that idea. It is marked with a Q which means it is either a transistor and for some reason it has a different name than the rest of transistors on the board, a mosfet or some kind of voltage regulator. Would appreciate any help with it, maybe in other cards it has a different name and the previous owner replaced it. No idea and too scared to just solder a transistor without knowing what it might be.
    Attached Files

Re: Sapphire R9 270x missing component

For anyone else that might have a similar issue, the part missing is a P channel mosfet, responsible for supplying the fans with 12v. The marking is strange though but it could be from NXP since they tend to use small letters.

Comment

Working...
    X