Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POSTing problems with an Asus X99 Pro motherboard

Hello!

I have an issue finding the cause of an Asus X99 Pro motherboard not posting. It powers on, but the Qcode stays at 00 and nothing heats up except for the VRMs, but even then it's like 30°C.

I tried to use the flashback feature, but no matter the bios or filename or USB i use, the flashback button blinks for 5s until i goes to a solid light. (USB is in the correct slot)

I have a CH341A programmer and extracted the BIOS, it's added in the attachment. I checked it with the FD44 editor and confirmed it's a 3701 version. I then opened up a newer bios (3801) with the UEFI editor and extracted the "intel image" and then opened that with the FD44.

I copied the MAC and ID and all the things needed from the original BIOS to the new one and saved it, i then programmed that into the chip and the behaviour changed a bit.

The board now powers on with code 00, powers off after a few seconds, then powers on for a second and then goes off and repeats this a few times, then powers on again for 10s or so, powers off and repeats the cycle (always showing code 00).

I tried another BIOS chip since i have the same model of chip from another motherboard, tried both the old bios and the new one and it behaves the same as with the previous chip (old bios is just on with 00 and new bios is on and off).

I tried to power the board on without a CPU on the new bios and once for a few seconds the CPU_LED was faintly on/flickering and the PS/2 keyboard's num lock/caps/scroll lights were on, then it powered off and went back to going on and off.

BIOS does get power, nothing seems to be shorted. Right now i'm thinking it's either a dead bridge or a dead system i/o chip. Or it could still be a dead BIOS and i just didn't correctly modify the new BIOS.

any help is appreciated!
    Attached Files

Re: POSTing problems with an Asus X99 Pro motherboard

hello, I have the exact same problem, I've updated the bios between the last 3 versions, via flashback and programmer, does not pass the league is a few seconds, does not get out of 00 and restarts and goes back to do the same in loop. did you find the problem? I created a new topic but I still haven't solved it.
    mine also heats up the v-core and cpu but a little, I noticed it was on the ics chip on the back of the board that heats up a lot, but I don't know if I can remove it and test it. and I didn't want to risk it without help

Comment

Re: POSTing problems with an Asus X99 Pro motherboard

I have one of these motherboards (faulty) arriving any time now

I'll post a video regarding what I find regardless whether I can fix it or not. It has previously been looked at by two computer repair shops in the UK so I guess it could be a challenge

Richard
      Follow me on YouTube
      ------------------
      Learn Electronics Repair
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Working...
      X