X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS GTX 560 GPU don't detected

Hi Guys!

I need same help.
    So, I have a ASUS GTX 560 (C1040P) and this GPU won't work.
    The GPU is warm but the mobo doesn't detected.

I started to measuring voltages and I founded something.
    The APL5912 chip made VPEX https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...C/APL5912.html and I measure on the 3 and 4 pins only 190 mV.
    This is OK for VPEX value?

I made a picture from voltages.
    Attached Files

Re: ASUS GTX 560 GPU don't detected

I took a picture from my card.
    Maybe missing some parts?
    Anybody knows what is the L17 and L18 parts?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Hello,

After checking PL17 and PL18 look very much like inductances (coils) to let the current through, but here it is well cut.
      And we can clearly see black being torn off.

Try to find two coils of size 0603 or 0805 and for the values is it possible to show on the boardview the value?

Then once placed, check that no other components in the whole board are missing before powering up.

:réjouir:

Comment

Thank you for your help!

I measured this point and there is no short circuit here.
        So I put in a wire to the place of coil.
        After that I powered up and the GPU is working.

But I would like to know what were the original parts.
        Unfortunatelly I can't found information about those.
        I have a boardview file but it doesn't contain the concrete value or a type.

I found on internet a picture from the original status.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is already a very good progress =D
          The basic problem is what? Does the GPU run heat up quickly after setting up the two wires?

For the value of the coils I don't know too much for the moment but it would be necessary not to put any value there, you never know.

I think to take into account the current (Intensity) which crosses it that is to say current of exit, the range of voltage of entry, the voltage of exit.

I will not specify the exact coil because I do not really know and do not want to mislead you.
          If you have new information, don't hesitate to let me know it would be useful =D

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Comment

Hi, I have been looking the boardview and the one I found didnt tell the values of that two coils, but what I can see is that they give the power (they are in paralel) to the PU13 chip (APL5912) that should be 1.5V in the pin number 5, then PU13 will give you PEX 1.2V. This voltage is comming from PL12 and it feeds all the memory modules and PU13, so maybe its there to protect somehow the memories from any "spike" caused by PU13. I know it would be nice to install the original inductors, but you would need the datasheet or someone who meassure them, but since its an old card and works with just jumpers.... just enjoy it till it deads (i dont think it will die due to that).

In worst case you coul try some values for those inductors, while you find the correct values.

Luck

Comment

Thank you for replies.
              I agree with you and I think this is a protection of GPU chip.
              I removed the temporary wire and put into multimeter between this two point.
              The multimeter shown 1.4A current.
              I'm going to look for a coil, which is limits the current for 1.5A.

Comment

Working...
              X