Gigabyte RX470 running mighty hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte RX470 running mighty hot?

Ok so next problem, the card seems to work fine but Heaven Unigine runs the gpu upto 90°C! Fans are working good, running at 90% and the thermal paste is new. Now bearing in mind the card is freestanding in my shed, ambient temp is 10°C

Doesn't seem right does it, any ideas? I hate to think what it would be like inside a 40°C case...

Re: Gigabyte RX470 running mighty hot?

check frequncies if it is as my be. can be bad/modded bios

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      check frequncies if it is as my be. can be bad/modded bios
      Thanks for the reply, yeah I did do this and even updated to a newer bios with a target temp of 70°C (instead of 80°C) which didn't help. I have indeed fixed the issue now but embarrassingly it seems another epic fail on my behalf, because a bigger blob of thermal snot has fixed it, it is now cruising along at 68°C, although in my defence it does seem like the cooler doesn't mate with the die that well and it needs a bigger blob of stuff than usual

Comment

Hello I read this post and also I have a RX470 4go. This is normal for it to turn at 70 degrees or even 75 at full power with the backplate mounted on it. I've repaired another RX470 and a 480 which also spins 75 degrees. These are the series, that's how it is.

On the other hand I have a problem with one when I reach 70 degrees I have considerable random FPS drops then the fps go up. With Furmark I have descending peaks ranging from 1030 mhz to 300 mhz. I posted a discussion on it.

Any ideas where this could come from?

Comment

Working...
        X