gigabyte z97x gaming 7 power cycling issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gigabyte z97x gaming 7 power cycling issue

this board powers up and the fans run for 4 to 10 seconds and then it powers down and then back up again and does this over and over. sometimes it will boot up to the bios or go into the OS before freezing . It power loops even with no memory installed. it has dual bio chips and i removed both and reprogrammed them but the issue remains

Re: gigabyte z97x gaming 7 power cycling issue

today i reballed the chipset and now it turns on everytime.

Comment

it will power up and boot but it doesn't power down when shutdown is selected. bad chipset?

Comment

the cpu had been running for hours without the water pump being connected to the fan connector. could the cpu be toast?
        Last edited by kjchatman; 02-14-2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I dont think so, I have seen CPUs working with non contact to heatsinks at all for years. As far as I know they are thermally protected and throttle off to save their live in hi-heat problems.

Comment

I also have a motherboard that does this power cycle on/off but only when I insert ram module . it never starts anyway

Comment

My test rig did sometimes (while ago) power cycling too but because my ram slots where dirty and only worked with ram modules only a little inserted (Gigabyte z87-hd3), since I cleaned them with a toothbrush and IPA a pair of times it works with fully inserted ram modules and no more cycling.

I think its a ram module problem, if rams are ok I think it will be a ram socket problem, a cpu problem or ram electronic related problem in the motherboard.

Start cleaning ram sockets, then cpu socket inspection and then ram power supply in the motherboard, capacitors check.

Have luck

Comment

I had the same problem with my Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H. After re installing bios.... the power cycling has gone. But One problem arise. Pc doesn't turn off when I press the shut down. Please someone tell me that how can I fix this shit.

Comment

Working...
                X