Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 3DTV UE46EH6030 fault

The psu is a BN44-00552A.

The Tv hasnt been used a while and only had light usage when bought.
    The Fault>
    The Tv works perfectly when first powered up, however after about 10=50mins,
    it shuts down the repeatedly reboots its self. When left for a time, its works again for another 10-15mins

Im not a high end engineer so the basics only were checked.
    I figured it was a heat related fault which possibly stemmed from either a
    a dry joint or swollen caps, both of which look good visually on the PSU
    Any help gratefully appreciated.

Re: Samsung 3DTV UE46EH6030 fault

You could try re soldering all parts that are mounted on the heatsinks also the large transformers even if joints look ok i would reheat and add some fresh solder.
    The capacitors may look ok but could really do with being tested with a esr meter.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      You could try re soldering all parts that are mounted on the heatsinks also the large transformers even if joints look ok i would reheat and add some fresh solder.
      The capacitors may look ok but could really do with being tested with a esr meter.
      Im looking at Capacitance meter's now. A Smart meter would be better for me as a good all rounder.

Comment

I have a few esr testers this is the main one i use
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353680931...Cclp%3A2047675

Just remember to make sure capacitors are discharged before testing as will blow parts in the meters

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
          +10, look those solder joins over very closely.

Comment

examples of bad joints, for those looking on who may need it: https://www.google.com/search?q=bad+...ih=607&dpr=1.5
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 05-19-2022, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Quick update>
              Spent some time going over the board with the soldering iron, covering anything that looked slightly suspicious.
              Put the TV back together and fired it up. ....
              So far it been running for the past 2.5hrs with no problems at all.
              Ill still soak test it as its frustrating not knowing exactly what the fault is/was, but for now looks like it possibly fixed.
              Thank you to everyone for your help.
              Side note > this is what i is the Smart meter i was looking at > https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...c00gZnwdo&mp=1

Comment

You can also take a hair dryer and go around to see if tv fails at certain spot. It may very well been a bad solder joint though.
                I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

@dskall
                  Thats a good idea.
                  ill see how it goes over the next few days as looks like it maybe fixed now.
                  No way of knowing for sure without soak testing it.

Comment

Originally posted by josweet View Post
                    Quick update>
                    Spent some time going over the board with the soldering iron, covering anything that looked slightly suspicious.
                    Put the TV back together and fired it up. ....
                    So far it been running for the past 2.5hrs with no problems at all.
                    Ill still soak test it as its frustrating not knowing exactly what the fault is/was, but for now looks like it possibly fixed.
                    Thank you to everyone for your help.
                    Side note > this is what i is the Smart meter i was looking at > https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...c00gZnwdo&mp=1
                    Samsungs seem to suffer from dry joints but if you resoldered any capacitors it may of altered the esr tempory with the heat from soldering.
                    That looks a good meter but cant see it mentioning esr testing.

Comment

Working...
                    X