Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leadtek Nforce bundle. Nforce1 K7N415DA leaking caps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leadtek Nforce bundle. Nforce1 K7N415DA leaking caps.

Leadtek Twinforce2 bundle. Nforce1 K7N415DA. Ti4200 with it is screwed too.

Motherboard.

7 GSC 1500 6.3V caps bulging/leaking. Power rail section.
    7 GSC 1000 6.3V caps bulging/leaking. Various locations over board.
    First ones to go are the 2 near the northbridge and the single one near the 3rd dimm slot next to the ide connectors.
    =-
    Sureality Bytes

This is the first i've heard of an Nforce board dying from bad caps. However, the GSC caps you mentioned are known for going bad, so it's no surprise. Will you be recapping the board?? If so, post the results and a pic or two if ya can!

Welcome to the boards!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat
      This is the first i've heard of an Nforce board dying from bad caps.
      Not too much info about nforce1 boards floating around. Lots for the N2's.

Originally posted by Topcat
      However, the GSC caps you mentioned are known for going bad, so it's no surprise. Will you be recapping the board?? If so, post the results and a pic or two if ya can!

Welcome to the boards!
      GSC aren't nice. They seem to have fixed the problem thou. I've seen newer boards with GSC's in good nick thou so fingers crossed about it. (Got a ECS k7s5a board with one odd looking cap. I'm keeping an eye on it.)

Nope to recapping it. I count at least 14 major bad ones. I think is 33 or 34 to replace in total to be sure. I'm hassling the retailer for a refund/replacement. Got told pretty much "its out of warrenty get stuffed." :evil:

Its 6 weeks out of warrenty so I'm trying for a chargeback via my CC. if that doesn't work I'm going to sue because trading standards say if a product has an inherent fault then it must be repaired/replaced/refunded even if its out of the warrenty period. "A reasonable amount of time" is the clause and that states it should last about 4-6 years.

They picked the wrong guy to piss on. Besides... it will fund my new NFS7 v2 board as a replacement

Have some pics lurking at my webspace .Beware 56kers if u click on the pics. they are all 1Mb plus.

If i can keep the video card I'll recap that. its only got 3 bad ones on it. If not then looks like i need an ati 9500/9600xt to replace it.
      =-
      Sureality Bytes

Comment

if anyone argues about the caps being a common problem send them a link to this board.
        lots of photographic evidence here.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
          if anyone argues about the caps being a common problem send them a link to this board.
          lots of photographic evidence here.
          hehe. Already far ahead with that one. Have a stack about an inch high of printed reports including the IEEE report about the problem. Bit hard to ignore the IEEE report as well

Just waiting to see what the credit card company say. If they say no then they are stuffed because I'll sue as they are jointly liable cos i bought the board with the CC

Anyway I'm not happy with em at all. I reported it end of November... I've had one "please send us further details" in January and naff all since. So I phoned up today and bitched at them to get a manager to call me in 7 days or else.

So we'll see what happens. Either way someone is going to pay for keeping me from gaming for the past 3-4 months. I had to upgrade my crappy 633 celeron server to a Taluatin 1Gb so i could do my day to day work. Cost me 35quid in total. Ebay rocks for finding old crap
          =-
          Sureality Bytes

Comment

Working...
          X