Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GV-N105TD5-4GD

Hello,

i had an issue with a Gigabyte gtx 1050 ti Graphicschip get a bit warm if active.
    Fan is spinning and no picture at all. one condensator look weard but no other signs. Is there any known issue?

Re: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GV-N105TD5-4GD

@WOWMASTER
    Use this video guide as a starting point. Watch it all the way through (it's divided into chapters to watch in several sessions)

Once watched you should be able to pin down the cause of the problem - though that doesn't necessarily mean you will then be able to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVdl8kew_4
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Hi, thanks for the aswer. I already seen nearly all your videos. THx for the good work. I had all the Voltages 0,8V 3,2V 12v and 5v. GPU gets hot fan spins but no post. I am really confused.

Comment

To help unconfuse you, check for the following:

1. GPU not coming out of reset - problem with #SMRST from PCIe, or some transistor/logical AND gate/pull up circuit between that signal and the GPU BGA.

2. Same as above but problem with Vram Power Good signal - this is last rail to power up on Nvidea cards - this signal is probably ANDed with #SMRST coming from PCIe to start the GPU.

3. GPU 27MHz Oscillator not working.

4. Broken, missing or short circuit capacitors on the PCIe lanes.

5. Faulty/Wrong/Corrupted/Modified BIOS on the graphics card.

5. Dead GPU BGA.

6. GPU runs but there is a problem with connection to DVI/HDMI giving no output - test it on a motherboard with integrated graphics - can you see it in Windows as a secondary GPU?

7. Get a Mining riser / adapter and try this technique:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100314

It will very likely tell you if the GPU actually starts to run (even if it doesn't give a picture)

8. *Possibly* the GPU BGA itself has inputs that monitor some power good signals (1.8V_PG, PEX_PG etc) and you have missing/broken resistors or similar problem so the Power on sequence logic is working and the sequence completes but the GPU will still not come out of reset because it does not itself get the Power Good signal(s).

Now I will add that No 8. is speculation on my part and I have not yet been able to prove this type of fault condition exists, but I have seen a few things myself that make me strongly expect it does.

These 'things' include repairs where I have missing components and I 'cobbled' the power sequence logic to make all the rails come up correctly but the GPU still does not start, and I have seen also graphics cards schematics where signals such as 1.8V_PGood do go to balls on the GPU BGA.

This topic is something I would be interested to hear others comments here and want to explore further myself.

9. Some things I didn't already think of but hopefully someone else will suggest....

10. Cant think of a number 10 but I probably missed something obvious.....
        Last edited by dicky96; 10-30-2021, 10:33 AM.
        Follow me on YouTube
        ------------------
        Learn Electronics Repair
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Hello,
          I have the same card with some similar problems. But I can confirm that the card is being detected in Windows (when I start with the Integrated Graphics).
          @dicky96 Where could the problem lie if the problem is with DVI/HDMI?
          I also noticed that installing drivers (when installed as a secondary GPU) crashes the computer. Does this mean a faulty GPU?
          Thanks for any help

Comment

Working...
          X