:Main 12v (12.2v)
    :5V (5.01v)
    :1.8v (1.79v)
    :Mem 1.3v (1.299)
    :1v (.998v)
    :vCore (.800v)

My Issues I'm having
    With the GPU installed in a PCIe x16 (3.0) and connected to the power
    supply the GPU has initial fan rotation, will post and it is detected in BIOS.

Most of the time after POSTing and when OS starts to load the screen goes
    black after about 30 secs of loading. Pc will then reboot and POST again
    then try and load the OS but will continue to do this until I shut off the PC.

Sometimes it will post and load the OS. It is using a generic driver, I can
    not load the GPU drivers due to after a few mins of operation the screen
    goes black and no response from the mouse or keyboard. The GPU fans
    never spin after the first initial spin upon POSTing.

The PC works fine with the GPU not installed and using the onboard
    INTEL graphics.

Re: EVGA GTX 1080 TI Issues

Sounds like a memory issue, try this:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84308

and read other posts related to similar GPU's, they might give you some hints.

Might be also issues with stability of the power lines, check them with a scope, especially the mosfet driving signals if they are OK (there was recently a post about it). Also your PSU or PSU cables not contacting perfectly can be the reason, if it's not of good quality (bronze is usually the cheapest and lowest quality). You may also test the card in another computer if available.

Might be also some non-contacting memory or GPU pad/pads issue, cold chip contacts, warm chip looses contact due to thermal extension of materials, reflow or better raballing might help here. Careful twisting of the card can sometime diagnose this but you need to deassemble the card and attach or better Mc Guyver some temporary small radiator for the GPU chip (eg. a CPU cooler), not to overheat it.

If you don't know the card, eg. recently bought, check if the Bios is the right one.
    Last edited by DynaxSC; 01-27-2022, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DynaxSC View Post
      Sounds like a memory issue, try this:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84308

and read other posts related to similar GPU's, they might give you some hints.

Might be also issues with stability of the power lines, check them with a scope, especially the mosfet driving signals if they are OK (there was recently a post about it). Also your PSU or PSU cables not contacting perfectly can be the reason, if it's not of good quality (bronze is usually the cheapest and lowest quality). You may also test the card in another computer if available.

Might be also some non-contacting memory or GPU pad/pads issue, cold chip contacts, warm chip looses contact due to thermal extension of materials, reflow or better raballing might help here. Careful twisting of the card can sometime diagnose this but you need to deassemble the card and attach or better Mc Guyver some temporary small radiator for the GPU chip (eg. a CPU cooler), not to overheat it.

If you don't know the card, eg. recently bought, check if the Bios is the right one.

Okay Thank you, Ill rig up a test fixture for cooling the GPU and hook my scope up and read the mem I/O's.

I'll also hit the other suggestions. Thanks again

Comment

Ran MATS on the GPU,* It came back as a failed memory chip at Bank C1. I have removed the chip and I'm now in search of a new one. (part Number D9VRL) It's a Micron BGA 1Gb Nand Flash Memory. Will update after I find replacement part.* *
        Attached Files

Comment

To go sure not to waste money, you might reball the mem chip you have taken off, and resolder it, theoretically it can be also a noncontacting pad.

Comment

Originally posted by DynaxSC View Post
            To go sure not to waste money, you might reball the mem chip you have taken off, and resolder it, theoretically it can be also a noncontacting pad.
            I'll give it a go, since I'm not having any luck finding reputable supplier for the chip yet.

Comment

Working...
            X