Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micron D9TCB - FBVDD Supply Voltage Riddle

Hi

I have some repaired some cards with Micron D9TCB Memories. Most of them have 1,5V FBVDD, but some, eg MSI GTX1070Ti Gaming X have 1,35V FBVDD. I'm now just struggling with this MSI card. It is not an bad card, as in the VRM there are two different resistors which set the different voltages (checked this between two such cards, with different memories Micron 1,35V and Samsung 1,5V). Replaced GPU and one shorted memory and card hardly works, only in VGA mode, and with lot artifacts.

I have the impression that replacing a D9TCB memory on a card with 1,35V FBVDD with a D9TCB chip coming from a card with 1,5V FBVDD then the target card does not work and has memory errors.

I suspect there are two different versions of D9TCB memory, or maybe they are only selected chips ?

Micron site states only these GDDR5 8GB memories with 1,5V and 1,35V:

MT51J256M32HF-80, 8Gb, GDDR5, 1.5V -> marking D9TCB
    MT51K256M32HF-60 N, 8Gb, GDDR5, 1.35V -> marking D9VVW, so different marking

Does anybody know how it is ?
    How can a D9TCB card with nominal 1,5V work with 1,35V supply voltage ?
    Last edited by DynaxSC; 01-30-2022, 04:48 PM.

Re: Micron D9TCB - FBVDD Supply Voltage Riddle

Seems Micron is not precise on their product site.

Have looked into the short datasheet, and D9TCB can be supplied both with 1,35V and 1,5V:

So I must have another issue with the card, probably more memories are broken.

Riddle solved
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X