Asus 2070 super - Low resistance on PCI-E channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus 2070 super - Low resistance on PCI-E channels

I am currently diagnosing an Asus Dual 2070 super.
    The card has all the volt rails and all resistances seem to be ok.
    I checked for PEXReset and the and gate is outputting 1.8V.

Main problem that I found about this card is that the resistance values of the first two PCI Express lanes (A13 and A14) have lower resistances compared to all other lanes.

Since there are no components between the PCI-E slot and the GPU, would this mean that the GPU itself is dead ?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Asus 2070 super - Low resistance on PCI-E channels

Hi, you should check the lanes in diode mode and reversed poling (plus to GND), on B-side (top) they are ca 0,4V, on A-side ca. 0,2-0,3V (before the PCIe caps, values can somewhat differ, as these are from GTX1070). If all of the 16 lane pairs per side are similar, then it's OK, at least the PCIe interface of the GPU. If any of them is much different, then sadly the gpu is 99,9% unusable any more. A low resistance on these lanes is also an indicator for this. This can happen due to static discharge, when card is inserted into the PCI slot, and body is not discharged. If the lanes are bad, the cards will also be not recognized during boot, and in the OS as a result.
    Last edited by DynaxSC; 02-01-2022, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
      I redid the test as you explained using the diode mode. For the first lane RX0, diode measurement was reading open line. For the rest it was ok 0,5 and 0,3 as you mentioned.
      Therefore it seems that the GPU itself is gone. If anyone has any further suggestions would be happy to hear.

Comment

Hi. No resistance can mean GPU not contacting the board pad I'd try reballing the GPU. You can take off the GPU and measure the lane directly on the GPU, before reballing, to save time.

Comment

Working...
        X