GTX 1060 6GB - Not Recognized Properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX 1060 6GB - Not Recognized Properly

Anyone encountered this problem ? I attached a photo of how the card is seen in HiveOS . I checked voltages and resistace and they all seem good . Also voltage on the Bios chip . Anyone has any clues or can point me somewhere regarding this ? Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: GTX 1060 6GB - Not Recognized Properly

Did you try in windows? look what gpu-z tells about it bios rom, maybe it was modified. What make and model is it?

Comment

Originally posted by foshland View Post
      Did you try in windows? look what gpu-z tells about it bios rom, maybe it was modified. What make and model is it?
      Yes , I just did that right now . Changed BIOS chip with a reflashed one from TECH and it is the same . I will upload a gpu-z picture . it does not see the BIOS chip as far as I can tell- I didn`t installed the drivers though because it give me a blue screen
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, look at the front and at the back of the card, it uses to have 2 bios chip, dont really know why, but all the nvidia cards I have has 2

Comment

Originally posted by foshland View Post
          Hi, look at the front and at the back of the card, it uses to have 2 bios chip, dont really know why, but all the nvidia cards I have has 2
          It is just one near the GPU chip . Somebody suggested that I check PEX Reset , but to be honest I don`t know how . )))

Comment

Originally posted by Goblin999 View Post
            Yes , I just did that right now . Changed BIOS chip with a reflashed one from TECH and it is the same . I will upload a gpu-z picture . it does not see the BIOS chip as far as I can tell- I didn`t installed the drivers though because it give me a blue screen
            I would check any small smd resistors/caps around the bios chip and make sure they are not damaged. I did a bios chip swap and card just gave 6 beeps as primary boot card. Went back with a small soldering tip and made sure all surrounding components had their connections freshened up and bios chip works again (card still broken, but thats another story!)

Check R740, R753, R741, R728 and C968
            Attached Files
            Last edited by benwaterson; 02-25-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

bad ram chip

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                bad ram chip

I will try the card in mats and see wheter it gets recognized or not

Comment

I will try the card in mats and see wheter it gets recognized or not
                  I have a GTX 1060 6gb Inno 3D Compact. Doing exactly the same thing. Mine loads the up to date drivers fine in Windows. Just GPU-Z is missing info and the sensors tab has only 4 sensor readings, which look wrong.

I managed to run MATS by booting with a primary card. Full of read errors.

I was thinking vBIOS, either the chip or the actual vBIOS. The one on TechPowerUp in unverified, but the same as the one on the card. I bought the card not working so do not know if the previous owner flashed the TechPowerUp vBIOS. I'm trying to track down someone with a working card with a known good vBIOS.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by manuforti1314; 02-26-2022, 05:56 AM. Reason: Spelling Error.

Comment

Originally posted by manuforti1314 View Post
                    I have a GTX 1060 6gb Inno 3D Compact. Doing exactly the same thing. Mine loads the up to date drivers fine in Windows. Just GPU-Z is missing info and the sensors tab has only 4 sensor readings, which look wrong.

I managed to run MATS by booting with a primary card. Full of read errors.

I was thinking vBIOS, either the chip or the actual vBIOS. The one on TechPowerUp in unverified, but the same as the one on the card. I bought the card not working so do not know if the previous owner flashed the TechPowerUp vBIOS. I'm trying to track down someone with a working card with a known good vBIOS.
                    same problem here . I think we may have bad ram modules buddy

Comment

same problem here . I think we may have bad ram modules buddy
                      Yeah. Think so. I do wonder if the mem controller onboard the gpu is damaged and that is why all i get is read errors.

I'd love to just know if it is just one module, should be able to change that.

Comment

That's three of us with same symptoms, read errors on all banks.

Comment

Originally posted by benwaterson View Post
                          That's three of us with same symptoms, read errors on all banks.
                          All 1060's??

Comment

All 1060's??
                            I think so , yes

Comment

No, mine is 1080 ti

Comment

An update on my INNO GTX 1060 Compact, flashed the stock Founders Edition vBIOS and things have changed a bit.

Seeing more in GPU-Z.

Need to do more work. I would love get an official dump from one of these cards. Might help even more.
                                Attached Files

Comment

An update on my INNO GTX 1060 Compact, flashed the stock Founders Edition vBIOS and things have changed a bit.

Seeing more in GPU-Z.

Need to do more work. I would love get an official dump from one of these cards. Might help even more.
                                  Nice progress

Comment

Working...
                                  X