GA-7VRX Cap Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-7VRX Cap Problem

Alright I went to work last night, I am a night owl and work overnights...but anyways my computer is almost always on and I came home from work but to no surprise my pc was off...I hit the power button and the CPU fan spun about 2 seconds and shut off..ok first thought power supply, nope tryed fine...second hdd and other periphials, took those out, nope fine...finally looked at capacitors about 2-3 were totally bulged and knocked off center (sorta leaning)

hopefully Ill get a replacement from gigabyte but if not I guess ill be finally getting my new dream NForce2 Board now that I have a reason to... ^_^

Heeeyyyyy..... :roll:
    I never thought of it that way. Sorry honey, the board is shot....gotta get a new one...Dude, you are a genius!

Actually, I'll try to re-cap mine before and if it works, just kind of lose it in the attic until a few months down the road.
    Athlon XP 2400+
    Gigabyte GA-7VRXP v1.1
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    2x 80GB Maxtor HDDs
    512MB Micron PC2700
    Lite-on LTR48246S CDRW
    Sony DRU500AX DVDRW

Comment

If Gigabyte's RMA's are anything like Abit's or Asus's, recap it yourself! That will definitely fix the board. Abit has sent me more bad boards through RMA's than I can even count.... Stretch received TWO bad VP6's from them this month alone!

I'd try myself first, unless you absolutely just don't know how to solder... In which case, find someone to do it for you.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Does anyone have a GOOD RMA system?

Better to do it yourself, so you know what replacement caps are used. I don't think they will be using top of the line stuff through the RMA system.
        Athlon XP 2400+
        Gigabyte GA-7VRXP v1.1
        Radeon 9700 Pro
        Audigy 2 Platinum
        2x 80GB Maxtor HDDs
        512MB Micron PC2700
        Lite-on LTR48246S CDRW
        Sony DRU500AX DVDRW

Comment

ssmercurys : best to research your new nforce2 board to see if the caps are from good manufacturers before you buy. It is disspointing to see some of the taiwan majors still using low quality cap manufacturers.
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
          X