Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Desktop Motherboards, Graphics Cards, and PC Peripherals
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #81
momaka
master hoarder

City & State: VA (NoVA)
My Country: U.S.A.
Line Voltage: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist Tech
Default Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
Does anyone know how to fix "New CPU is inserted in your system !"?
According to our Romanian friend, Th3_uN1Qu3 , this should be another transistor, just like with the chassis intrusion .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
Extra bit of fun info: The transistor right next to it will make the board report "New CPU installed!" every time until you clear CMOS, if you touch it or probe it. But at least it lets you boot the system.
That is post #5 in the first page. Linked here for convenience:
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpos...86&postcount=5

Now, as far as how to find that transistor... I haven't a clue! But probably some SOT-23 transistor either near LPC Super IO chip or perhaps even CPU socket itself.
momaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #82
mockingbird
Badcaps Veteran

Default Re: [HOWTO] Fix/Repair "Chassis Intruded Fatal Error System Halted" on Asus P5QL

Quote:
Originally Posted by momaka View Post
According to our Romanian friend, Th3_uN1Qu3 , this should be another transistor, just like with the chassis intrusion .

That is post #5 in the first page. Linked here for convenience:
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpos...86&postcount=5

Now, as far as how to find that transistor... I haven't a clue! But probably some SOT-23 transistor either near LPC Super IO chip or perhaps even CPU socket itself.
Thank you my friend. He gave great instructions on finding the chassis intrusion detection transistor, so it should be located adjacent to it, but you're right, personally, I have no way to be certain at the moment.

So I came up with an easier solution (Will not work with chassis intrusion, but should with "New CPU detected"):

So hardwiring that in there should bypass the message permanently. And I also disabled "Express Gate", because it also seems to re-trigger it (But all the other options stay put IIRC).
Attached Images
File Type: png m4a1.png (27.9 KB, 316 views)

"...don't say oh my god, your god is far away from you. I give you massage. I am your god now."
-Luo Dong
mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #83
drag

City & State: lapland
My Country: finland
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker

Quote:
Hard to give you more advice how to repair it without pictures and more info. Need to know what you shorted, what the motherboard does now, etc.

Worst case, put it on eBay for sale as "parts or not working" and mention the problem.
I start PC and motherboard working fine! Its not broken afterall
I not found 3.3.v supply but I found 5v. supply. Is 5v supply be good enough or is it too much?
And motherboard battery has 3v. Can I use it somehow?
I think i can remove battery case from old motherboard and connect it straight to Asus P6T SE chassis
intrusion connector.

Last edited by drag; 06-20-2016 at 08:17 AM..
drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:24 PM   #84
momaka
master hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag View Post
I start PC and motherboard working fine! Its not broken afterall
I not found 3.3.v supply but I found 5v. supply. Is 5v supply be good enough or is it too much?
I don't know if 5V would be too much - that depends on the LPC SIO chip.

But just take 3.3V from one of the orange wires on the PSU connector - that's 3.3V for sure, so it should work fine.

Quote:
And motherboard battery has 3v. Can I use it somehow?
No, don't use motherboard battery for anything.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #85
drag

Quote:
I don't know if 5V would be too much - that depends on the LPC SIO chip.

But just take 3.3V from one of the orange wires on the PSU connector - that's 3.3V for sure, so it should work fine.
I was thinking that too. But can i just take one of the orange wires? I think that all power supply wires must be connect to motherboard?
Old 06-24-2016, 08:39 PM   #86
momaka
master hoarder

Quote:
But can i just take one of the orange wires? I think that all power supply wires must be connect to motherboard?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Just use your multimeter to find a 3.3V source near the ATX connector and run a wire from that to the Drain of the Chassis Intrusion MOSFET. Make sure the Gate of that MOSFET is grounded, otherwise that MOSFET will try to pull 3.3V rail to ground and *will* burn out.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #87
drag

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

Just use your multimeter to find a 3.3V source near the ATX connector and run a wire from that to the Drain of the Chassis Intrusion MOSFET. Make sure the Gate of that MOSFET is grounded, otherwise that MOSFET will try to pull 3.3V rail to ground and *will* burn out.
I remove the Chassis Intrusion transistor and then I run a wire from ATX connector (3.3v) to that spot and...

THAT WORKING

But Windows 10 then makes some updates and reboot and...
HORRIBLE CHASSIS INTRUDED ERROR SHOWS ITS FINAL POWERS AND APPEARS ONE MORE TIME

Then I boot again and now Asus P6T SE working almost normally
Its been a very interesting project and thanks to momaka who helped me!

Last edited by drag; 07-20-2016 at 07:45 AM..
Old 07-24-2016, 11:33 PM   #88
drag

Accidentally wire from ATX connector disconnect but motherboard still works normal and not showing chassis intruded?
Is the wire useless?
I have wrong bios (P6T WS) if its matter.

Last edited by drag; 07-24-2016 at 11:35 PM..
Old 07-25-2016, 05:20 AM   #89
Th3_uN1Qu3
Believe in

City & State: Bucharest
My Country: Romania
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Professional Tech

The transistor may stay charged for a while and thus not show the error. Best to keep the wire connected.
A working TV? How boring!
Th3_uN1Qu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:25 PM   #90
virus023

City & State: Krabi
My Country: Thailand

I have Asus P5QL-E with Chassis Intruded Fatal Error...
Can I fix it by the same as P5QL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asus-p5ql-e.jpg (866.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 20160826_141427.jpg (612.9 KB, 41 views)
virus023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #91
momaka
master hoarder

Yes, very likely.
If you read the entire thread, Th3_uN1Qu3 mentioned that this problem possibly affects many other ASUS P5___ motherboards.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:19 PM   #92
virus023

Quote:
Yes, very likely.
If you read the entire thread, Th3_uN1Qu3 mentioned that this problem possibly affects many other ASUS P5___ motherboards.
Thank you.

If I replace the Chassis Intrusion transistor that from another p5ql-e motherboard will fix this error ?
I have 2 of p5ql-e ,1st work with Chassis Intruded error and 2nd can not turn on
Old 08-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #93
momaka
master hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus023 View Post
If I replace the Chassis Intrusion transistor that from another p5ql-e motherboard will fix this error ?
I don't think the transistor is the problem with these motherboards. Rather, it is the Super I/O's pins having a really weak pull-up current. Thus, even the transistor from the "working" motherboard might not work.

Again, it is best to apply 3.3V to the Drain of the chassis intrusion transistor (preferably through a 100-1000 Ohm resistor to avoid damage if you accidentally short-circuit something) and ground the Gate of the same transistor (if you are NOT going to ever use the chassis intrusion function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus023 View Post
I have 2 of p5ql-e ,1st work with Chassis Intruded error and 2nd can not turn on
The second motherboard might have a different problem if it doesn't POST.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #94
virus023

Thank you,momaka.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #95
momaka
master hoarder

No problem. Please let us know if you got your motherboard working. Would be good to see if another motherboard was saved.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:16 PM   #96
yudhistira

City & State: YO
My Country: Indonesia
Line Voltage: 230VAC 50Hz

hello, I have same problem with my old asus p5pe-vm, no chassis intrusion connector on this board

I have observed near winbond chip area, and I found no transistor, it has a solder pad but no transistor soldered on it

this board use winbond W83627 series on it, I have looked on the datasheet and found that pin 76 on this chip is controlling CASEOPEN# function

what can I do now? I have no idea how to fix this old board
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20.png (114.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_25.png (131.9 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by yudhistira; 12-16-2016 at 11:18 PM..
yudhistira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #97
momaka
master hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yudhistira View Post
hello, I have same problem with my old asus p5pe-vm, no chassis intrusion connector on this board

I have observed near winbond chip area, and I found no transistor, it has a solder pad but no transistor soldered on it

this board use winbond W83627 series on it, I have looked on the datasheet and found that pin 76 on this chip is controlling CASEOPEN# function

what can I do now? I have no idea how to fix this old board
Connect pin 76 of the WinBond W83627 chip to 3.3V with a resistor (anywhere between 1 KOhm and 100 KOhm should be okay).
Old 04-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #98
rstudio

City & State: Lisboa
My Country: Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fu-raz View Post
So, there we go... Thanks for the help Th3_uN1Qu3! Found a new 3.3v point, cleaned the board and reset the CMOS. Everything is working now.

In the attachment is my final solution for the Asus P5E Deluxe
I think i save my board too.
It's a asus p5E and in the board are print maximus formula, i have done exactly what you do , and i think it's work.
I have reboot 3 times and no error, let's see, cause i have to put the cooler in processor, so i can't test to much time right now, but so far so good!

Thank you
rstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:40 PM   #99
fixr

City & State: nanaimo/bc
My Country: canada

Thanks, for the instructions to repair the chassis intruded error. I have an Asus P5KC and did the fix, however, it turns out jumping 3.3v back to the transitor pad was unnecessary. When I connected back the pin chassis intrusion connector it would not boot, so I unconnected it and boots fine with the exception that if I disconnect the power cord then the bios settings are lost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (398.1 KB, 34 views)
fixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:07 PM   #100
Galvatron

City & State: warschau
My Country: polen

Is there any way of fixing it without removing transistor and soldering wire? I had this problem before and somehow things started to work fine after some time, all by themselves. But the problem is back again, and I have no idea what to do.

Also, does anybody have transistor/3.3v locations for P5B-Deluxe? It was one of most sold P5 boards out there. Pics are easily available on google images.
Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote