Vizio XVT423SV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio XVT423SV

I have just installed a Main board, and it cured the sound problem. On this set you have to pair the remote to the set. I cannot get to the menu to reset to factory defaults. I have another Vizio remote and a programable remote, but menu sends me to the internet apps. Anyone have any ideas? maybe a jumper??

Re: Vizio XVT423SV

Originally posted by truep View Post
    I have just installed a Main board, and it cured the sound problem. On this set you have to pair the remote to the set. I cannot get to the menu to reset to factory defaults. I have another Vizio remote and a programable remote, but menu sends me to the internet apps. Anyone have any ideas? maybe a jumper??
    Some information here
    https://support.vizio.com/s/article/...roubleshooting
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by truep View Post
      1) Disconnect from AC, wait 2-3 minutes. Less if you disconnect main from power where DC is held by caps longer.
      Hold down the rocker (power on) and connect the AC; wait until you see the "V" on the screen then release.
      This, to the best of my knowledge, is factory reset settings for the family.
      (you can also try it from the config menu, but as I understand this is better)

2) You can just replace the whole EEPROM on the main and all settings will get replaced along with it.

On a side note if you do not need your old main board we'd be interested in buying and fixing it.

Comment

Thanks dick, that worked! I'm up and running.

Comment

Working...
        X