Tannoy Reveal 6D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tannoy Reveal 6D

"Bypass switch", as in, the mute switch? Or...?
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by Khron View Post
      "Bypass switch", as in, the mute switch? Or...?
      Yes the mute switch. Thanks!

Comment

It isn't anything special, nor does it need to conduct any meaningful amount of current. Your biggest concern is to find something that's mechanically compatible, so... You or your tech will just need to remove the little front plate and start digging through parametric searches on parts distributor websites, I'm afraid.
        Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by Khron View Post
          It isn't anything special, nor does it need to conduct any meaningful amount of current. Your biggest concern is to find something that's mechanically compatible, so... You or your tech will just need to remove the little front plate and start digging through parametric searches on parts distributor websites, I'm afraid.
          Yes I will will convey this to my New Tech. My previous Tech doesn't seem to want to do the research work.

Thank you!

Comment

Well, after starting this thread all those years ago my other 6D failed the other day with the speaker cone almost jumping out the box and a loud hum.

On strip down I found the -15v supply resistor had failed (220R 5W). When replaced I noticed it was running far to warm for my liking. This was due to the digital board which I don't use so it was disconnected as I couldn't be bothered to fault it.

All now fine.

Comment

Working...
            X