LG 32LN530B picture upside down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 32LN530B picture upside down

Hi I have a LG 32LN530B with a bad main board that keeps resetting. I replaced the main board, everything works. But now the picture is upside down. Have anyone encounter this problem? Or know how to reset or adjust it?

Re: LG 32LN530B picture upside down

could try a firmware update, if ones available.

Comment

Are you sure the replacement mainboard had EXACTLY the same board numbers and revision as the old one - including the number on the bar code label
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Just buy one of those universal stands and mount it upside down; problem fixed.

Sounds like something that could be changable in the service menu, maybe your main board has an incorrect panel setting from a different region or something.

Pulled the following from http://www.askvg.com/secret-service-...ony-and-lg-tv/

Press and hold <OK> buttons on remote as well as TV panel for a few seconds and the service menu will appear on your TV screen.

For some TV models, you might need to press "Menu" buttons on remote and TV panel simultaneously for a few seconds to access the service menu. In a few TV models, both methods work and they open different service menus.

If the service menu asks for a password, enter 0000 (four zero). If 0000 doesn't work for you, try 7777 or 0413 or 8741 or 8743 or 8878.

Now you can make changes to your desired settings.

To save the changes press <OK> button on the remote.

BONUS TIPS:

1. With the help of this secret service menu in LG TV, you can enable USB drive use by settings USB option to 1. Once you enable this feature, you can insert any USB drive in USB slot present at the backside of your LG TV and your TV will automatically detect it and you'll be able to play audio or video files present in your USB drive on your TV set. You can also view images present in your USB drive on your TV set.

2. You can also enable Golden Eye feature by settings Eye option to 1 in service menu. This feature automatically adjusts contrast and brightness levels of your TV set according to the lights available in your room.

3. All LG TV come with a secret feature called "Hotel Mode". You can enable this feature by settings Hotel option to 1 using service menu. Once you enable this feature, the Setup or Channel Search option will get disabled in your TV Settings. Thus no other person will be able to scan channels or fine tune channels. That's why this option is called Hotel Mode.
        Last edited by AFajitas; 01-11-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Yes, the board is correct. Let me try a fireware update and see if that fixs the problem. I was looking and there is a post for a LG service bullentin for this exact problem, but I can't find the resolution.

Comment

I'm 99% sure it's a setting in the service menu, specifically Mirror Mode: 1

Comment

OK, let me see if I can access my service menu and try that tonight when I get home, will let you know. Thanks!!

Comment

Last night I try to do a fireware update with no success, also try 3 different method of accessing the service menu and it would not let me open it up. Seen like the main board is locked up, will not let me access anything. Anyone encounter this issue? I can usually access menu from other brand tv fine, seen like this one is very stubborn!

Comment

I have the same TV, different issues but I stumbled across this in another forum, maybe it will help

"found a bulletin on the problem, just Press ADJUST key on service remote scroll down to Tool option 5 and select Mirror Mode to 1. After Mirror Mode is changed and saved. Power Down TV turn back on and picture right way round "

Comment

Im able to get into the service menu on my LG by holding the "menu" button on the remote and TV at the same time for 3-5 seconds.

Comment

IWagner, I don't have the "ADJUST" key on my remote control.

Comment

I also read somewhere that it will not let you access the service menu depending on the TV software version if it's higher or lower.

Comment

ON THE SM REMOTE, HIT THE "IN START", THEN ENTER CODE 0000, THEN YOU CAN NAVIGATE THE SERVICE MODE LOOKING FOR WORDS LIKE VERT FLIP OR THE LIKE....DON'T THINK 0000 WORKS ANYMORE. THE NEW CODE IS 0413.
                          this is a factory remote. You could try the remote that came with the set.

Comment

My TV is not a Smart TV, just a regular 32in LED TV, will try again tonight when I get home with all your suggestion and see what I can come up with. Will report back. Thx

Comment

you could be right, might be a problem with the main board, since you can't access the menus.

Comment

Do you have a service remote? On most LC tv's you have to use a service menu to access/use the service menu. You can get one on Ebay.

Comment

Perhaps tackle from another angle:
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...7&highlight=LG from post8
                                  may be of interest
                                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

OK, I figure out the mystery. LG came out with two different panel in the same year that uses the same main board, but programmed them differently. Panel S/N is LC320DXE and HC320DXN. My TV panel is the LC320DXE, the main board I received was for the HC320DXN model. I have since returned it and got the main board programmed for my panel and everything is working like a charmed. Thanks for everyone's input.

Comment

Pleased to hear you got it fixed just so that others do not make the same mistake were the boards numbered the same?

[QUOTE=selldoor;519243]Are you sure the replacement mainboard had EXACTLY the same board numbers and revision as the old one - including the number on the bar code label[/QUOTE

Comment

Yes, the main board number is the same, but the revision is different, if you go to ShopJimmy and put the model tv number on there, they have a couple of main board with the same S/N, noted with the panel S/N info for that particular board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X