Sony BRAVIA KDL-V40XBR1 Horizontal static lines on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony BRAVIA KDL-V40XBR1 Horizontal static lines on screen

Hey guys, get ready to look at a crap load of pictures, I have a customers BRAVIA KDL-V40XBR1 and the problem with the tv is that there is static like, horizontal lines that go across the screen, each input is different HOWEVER input 7 is fine completely crystal clear.
    also when i push the menu button the menus button comes up completely fine with no distortion
    I believe that the reason why input 7 is fine is because its on its separate board all together . I know its not the panel
    I replaced the main board and no luck.
    I cant find anything online without a dead end answer so once again I come to awesome helpful people of BadCaps forum ...
    Attached Files
    one mans is another ones treasure

Re: Sony BRAVIA KDL-V40XBR1 Horizontal static lines on screen

this definitely looks to be a mainboard problem. its obvious your panel on your T CON border fine because input 7 works fine.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

In one of the pics is the B Board thats connected to another board ( which i dont know what is ), that i removed from the housing to take a picture of the actual boards itself.
      They are located on the right side of the picture of the back of the tv. (thinking these are the culprit)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
        this definitely looks to be a mainboard problem. its obvious your panel on your T CON border fine because input 7 works fine.
        not the main board i replaced it with a brand new one

Comment

The most important action in the fault - check all the electrolytic capacitors on the ssb board
          Last edited by CAIIIA; 01-23-2015, 02:01 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by CAIIIA View Post
            The most important action in the fault - check all the electrolytic capacitors on the ssb board
            all caps are fine

Comment

You used esr-meter?

Comment

i dont have an esr meter just going by looks here :/ know where i can find a cheap one?

Comment

And of course all the capacitors in the power supply

Comment

Without this device to talk about the health of electrolytic capacitors is almost impossible

Comment

Ebay aliexpress amazon

Comment

Possible without measure, simply replace all the capacitors on the new, special attention should be paid to high heat on the board

Comment

It is also necessary to include in the display autogen mode, to ensure that no defect in the T-con

Comment

Anybody know if the B boards have to have the exact serial number for it to work if I were to purchase a new one on eBay?? Mine says1-866-970-12, jae-2402-322, a1161732c. There are some on eBay that are exactly the same but different numbers on some

Comment

if this is the right B-board, shopjimmy lists one substitute part, look in description. http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-a-1147...dl-v40xbr1.htm

Comment

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having an issue seemingly related to this thread. I have a KDL-V40XBR described in this thread. I'm seeing tons of vertical lines and have diagnosed it as a T-CON issue. I searched Ebay and found many for sale (sample) but when I disassembled the TV, I cannot find a board that looks like this. And when I look at the service manual, there is no board that is listed as a T-CON board.

Where is the T-CON board on this model? Why doesn't the service manual list the T-CON board? Or is the T-CON board linked above not actually for my TV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jlipeles View Post
                                  I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having an issue seemingly related to this thread. I have a KDL-V40XBR described in this thread. I'm seeing tons of vertical lines and have diagnosed it as a T-CON issue. I searched Ebay and found many for sale (sample) but when I disassembled the TV, I cannot find a board that looks like this. And when I look at the service manual, there is no board that is listed as a T-CON board.

Where is the T-CON board on this model? Why doesn't the service manual list the T-CON board? Or is the T-CON board linked above not actually for my TV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Jeff
                                  It's the B board there is a t con board but that's not your problem gotta replace the "B board "

Comment

Originally posted by maiden790 View Post
                                    It's the B board there is a t con board but that's not your problem gotta replace the "B board "
                                    Thanks for the reply. I'm not having the same problem as the issue in the thread with the horizontal changing lines. It's vertical colored lines that show up exactly the same on every source. That's why I figured it was the T-CON board. Is the B board the T-CON board on this model? Or is it a different board and I'm missing where it is? Thanks again.

Comment

Vertical static lines are almost always a tab bond (panel ) problem.

Comment

Working...
                                      X