Laptop Hard Disk Not Recognized By Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop Hard Disk Not Recognized By Computer

I have a laptop hard drive that I've plugged into different computers and it is not getting recognized. I'm using a usb connector/sata adapter to use it as usb storage, but "Disk Manager" is not giving me the Initialize disk option. I can scan the disk for error, I tried in Windows and Linux with same result. Is this a problem with the hard drive hardware? has anyone repair a hard drive before?
    Attached Files

Re: Laptop Hard Disk Not Recognized By Computer

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/run-...ntu-54071.html

first do lsusb in linux .
    Last edited by petehall347; 04-19-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

looks like a disk not detected or detectable error. whats the capacity or size of that drive? could be an issue whereby the usb to sata adapter cannot support the capacity of the drive. try another usb to sata adapter preferably a newer one.

u can also try connecting it via esata or to the motherboard's internal sata ports. if it detects, its a problem with the usb to sata adapter. many of those adapters are problematic, typically because they cant supply enough current to the drive since usb is limited to 0.5A of current and many laptop drives need more than that to supply enough power to the drive.

Comment

It broke throw it away.

Comment

Working...
        X