Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook 840 g6: Need help identifying components

Hi,

I have this HP Elitebook 840 g6 with water damage. Some resistors near the charger IC seem to have corroded. I need to replace them but i don't know their initial values.

If you have this type of motherboard, can you please measure yours and upload their values. I have circled the areas in RED. Resistor values and Charger IC values too.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: HP Elitebook 840 g6: Need help identifying components

The charging chip number is not visible on the pic. Its intersil. Please specify the exact number of chip. I beleive schematic is not avlbl for this mb. So the best thing to do is to found another schematic with same charging ic and then findout the resistor with pinwise tracing.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      The charging chip number is not visible on the pic. Its intersil. Please specify the exact number of chip. I beleive schematic is not avlbl for this mb. So the best thing to do is to found another schematic with same charging ic and then findout the resistor with pinwise tracing.
      Exactly my thoughts too. I've tried searching for alternative schematic using same IC but probably I'm not searching correctly.

Intersil 9241H
      OR
      ISL9241H

datasheet and the closest schematic picture is attached. But i can't get a clearer picture
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by classicandy View Post
        Hi,

I have this HP Elitebook 840 g6 with water damage. Some resistors near the charger IC seem to have corroded. I need to replace them but i don't know their initial values.

If you have this type of motherboard, can you please measure yours and upload their values. I have circled the areas in RED. Resistor values and Charger IC values too.

Thanks
        Help on this needed please..........

Comment

https://www.renesas.com/document/dsf...es?language=en
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you for this. It was really helpful

Comment

Working...
            X