Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP LA-E801P power off after few sec

Hi everyone

I need help for HP LA-E801P when i press power button light turn on for few sec and goes off, no fan spinning, i try bios same problem

I have 19v

3v and 5v in coil is ON after press power button, when laptop goes off no 3v and 5v, but in power button 3v is present always.

thanks

Re: HP LA-E801P power off after few sec

Originally posted by digitalpc View Post
    Hi everyone

I need help for HP LA-E801P when i press power button light turn on for few sec and goes off, no fan spinning, i try bios same problem

I have 19v

3v and 5v in coil is ON after press power button, when laptop goes off no 3v and 5v, but in power button 3v is present always.

thanks
    have you checked the ram try to clean it or test it in another laptop for problem isolation.. before you dismantle the laptop.. sometimes thats the problem with hp laptop... did you ask the owner when and how it happen after this symptoms... this is an old laptop try to check the bios battery voltage.. the bios ic voltage.. if this is the first time this laptop is opened pls check the cpu fan for clogged foam in the vent.. try to clean and put some fresh thermal paste then try again...
    Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

problem was liquid damage

i heat up littel bit processor mosfet now its turning on but no display fan spining 10sec and turn off, processor get very very hot but fan doesnt spin

Comment

check the cpu fan.. it is over heating that is why its turning off.. or try to rewire the cpu fan so that the fan will spin temporarily and try again ..

Comment

or maybe the cpu fan is gummed up...or something is preventing the fan from spinning..dismantle the cpu fan clean it,, put fresh thermal paste on processor and try again..

Comment

cpu fan start spining for 10sec after that fan stoped, but laptop stay on and cpu is getting mad hot

no display when i power off is see just a littel backlight flash

Comment

Does the PCH ,the small die on the cpu package get hot as soon as you plug in the adapter
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                Does the PCH ,the small die on the cpu package get hot as soon as you plug in the adapter
                nothing getting hot without power on laptop, when I power on cpu and pch start getting hot

Comment

does this laptop processor can be detached? try to do so and looked for corroded pins there .. maybe the processor pins is corroded just check it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
                    does this laptop processor can be detached? try to do so and looked for corroded pins there .. maybe the processor pins is corroded just check it.
                    is all integrate CPU and PCH in one

Comment

This is not an old model and perhaps 5th or 6th gen soc is used here. Measure voltage on all coils when you are able to turn it on.

Comment

when i just plug in adapter without pressin power button

no voltage in all coils

after i press power button in colis i have

3v
                        5v
                        1v
                        1.2v
                        2colis near processor no voltage

Comment

What is the resistance on pin8 of bios chip?? You have missing vcore?? You can try probing for signals with another schematic which uses same kbc so that you can check major signals on kbc pin itself.
                          Last edited by mcplslg123; 07-02-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

pls measure again the processor voltage... it must have either 1v or .9v reflash agiain the bios with known working dump or maybe you can revert the original bios back.. then try again... liquid damage is a little bit tricky...specially if its been left for a long time.. have you seen burned tracks???

Comment

Same problem with me, in my case there this 3V/5V chip turns very hot. The # on the chip is 5X=4G 329 ... It's a 20 pin chip, does anyone kown the real # of the chip. & if anyone would share the schematics, it would be great. Thanks in advance

Comment

5X =RT6575DGQW

You can try with tps51225c. It worked for me.But do check these steps first.

Remove the IC
                                check resistance on 3/5V coil.
                                If resistance is good, then go ahead with replacement, else there is some shorting. It could be bad KBC as well.

So do check these steps before jumping on with hot air gun.

Comment

Thank you very much., I will try TPS51225C today... Hope all works. Thanks 'mcplslg123"

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                    5X =RT6575DGQW

You can try with tps51225c. It worked for me.But do check these steps first.

Remove the IC
                                    check resistance on 3/5V coil.
                                    If resistance is good, then go ahead with replacement, else there is some shorting. It could be bad KBC as well.

So do check these steps before jumping on with hot air gun.
                                    I replaced this chip as per mcplslg123 in another board. Same problem in this one too. This chip TPS51225C gets very hot. Actually pin 3 on this chip is VREG3, there is a caps on this track very close to this chip & it shows 2 ohms, which is not right at all, I checked with a known good motherboard & the ohms are more than this. Removed the caps but still shows 2 ohms. I have no idea where this circuit leads to as I do not have th schematics. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comment

Inject 3V on VREG3, burn your finger on the PCH, cry.
                                      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                                        Inject 3V on VREG3, burn your finger on the PCH, cry.
                                        May be on kbc as well.

Comment

Working...
                                        X