Apple MBP 2012 Retina lost Serialnumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple MBP 2012 Retina lost Serialnumber

just got a defective MBP 2012 Retina here. I resoldered the U8900 and it is working again, but now the Serial Number is missing. I downloaded several Blank Board Serializer from different sources and restored those on a USB-Stick. But non is working, all giving following error:

Error: 8000000000000003, Cannot load 'EFI/Drivers/TestSupport.efi'

On here : https://de.ifixit.com/Antworten/Anse...+Hardware+Test i found it has something to do whit the newer Firmware.

Now i need a newer version of BBS a way to restore the Serial in the EFI-Chip. I found a 25Q064A on the logicboard an i own a CH341A.

What to do?

Re: Apple MBP 2012 Retina lost Serialnumber

Find a working bios and edit your serial into it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poA8HByYqTM
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hmmmm, I have a spare logicboard here, maybe i could use the Firmware from that one.

Comment

If you use the firmware from the spare logicboard you`d have to clean the ME firmware ,or find a working bios with clean ME firmware,and edit your serial into that.
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-02-2020, 11:15 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Post your bios backup and the serial, someone will fix it for you .

Comment

Working...
          X