This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello everyone, I'm Jaroslav, a hobbyist, trying to fix old motherboards, laptops, for fun

Comment

Hi all. I'm a mechanical Engineering guy from Sweden who likes computers.

Comment

Hi there - joined after reading about this on Youtube. Trying to learn a new skill during this crazy year of being at home a lot. Would like to learn a little more about repairing electronics!

Cheers.
        -noties

Comment

Hello I am an old electronics technician (1980). I am passionate about troubleshooting !!!

Comment

Hello,
            need help with my toshiba notebook

Comment

Hallo,
              I'm from Poland. I mainly repairing phones but i'm learning to repairing laptops

Comment

Hi! Eric from Calif. Amateur DIY repair. Just enough knowledge to hurt myself.

Comment

Hi, All

My Name is Sweatins. It stands for Sweating(Since); I acquired this name because my hands sweat (Like Dripping) .

I am super pumped to have found this fourm as I have never used one before. Firstly I want to thank the BADCAPS guy for all of this also your office look nice .

I am 23 years old and started to tinker with electronics at the age of 5. I have no formal education on electronics (I learned through trial, error, others, and research).

Some goals I have are:
                  Learn how PCB allows components to communicate and interact with one another.

Assess the damaged of motherboards on cellphones and repair them.

So, as it stands, my journey officially starts when I get unrestricted access here.

Thank you all for having me!

Comment

Hi everybody, I'm Billy. Engineering and troubleshooting is my hobby so I will try to combine it here on the forum
                    My thoughts about BTC.

Comment

Hp elitebook 850 6050a2560401-a02 bios bin and ec

Comment

Hello all, I have carefully assembled a new ay-at transistor tester and it does not work. Hopefully I will find the answer to my problems here.

Comment

Hi All,

New member from Australia here.
                          i got a Macbook A2159 with water damage that i'd love to fix up somehow.
                          Peace!

Comment

Hello, Burt here.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                              This is my first post. My first computer was an 8088 around 1990. I've been hooked on computers ever since. I've always built my own computers after researching parts as best I could.

Recently I've been watching youtube laptop repair videos in an attempt to repair an older Apple MacBook Pro. I'm fascinated by how "simple" it is once one learns how to diagnose the problem. That's where I am now. Learning. And that is what brought me to this forum. I'm starting out with a bench power supply, good solder iron, and a multimeter. I'm hoping to find schematics and understand what the "open board view" is all about.

Since I'm in TX and in self-imposed lock down, I have plenty of time on my hands. Wish me luck!

Comment

Hello

Comment

ok, my name is mumu, I love messing with electronic parts, especially laptops. This made me famous among my study friends and they asked a lot of help to repair their damage. then I have an idea to open a laptop repair service. this has been going on for 4 years besides me completing my studies at university.

I often try many things and finally I found this forum to learn more and share experiences

Comment

ok, my name is mumu, I love messing with electronic parts, especially laptops. This made me famous among my study friends and they asked a lot of help to repair their damage. then I have an idea to open a laptop repair service. this has been going on for 4 years besides me completing my studies at university.

I often try many things and finally I found this forum to learn more and share experiences

Comment

Hello everyone! IT guy here trying to fix his 11 year old Samsung plasma that took a power surge. I just can't throw it away!

Comment

Hi Topcat & Forum Members,

I first came across personal computers in the last 1980's and became very familiar with MS-DOS. For many years, I was not so keen on opening them up to check out the hardware, but over the years have done basic things like installing RAM, installing expansion cards, updating graphics cards, installing fans and replacing power supply units.

I was drawn to this forum because of some issues with Seasonic power supplies and Topcat and other electronics experts are smart enough to discuss the issues and propose fixes. Thank you so much for the sharing. Seems like a shame throwing them out if there is a possible fix.

I don't know that much about electronics but in my very limited time would be willing to learn more about it. At this point in time, I don't even have a soldering iron.

Kind regards,

Adriel.

Comment

hello my name is Atef from Paris, i am traying to unlock a EFI bios password for a Apple Macbook Air 13 A1496( 820-00165-a) with DS-806s thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X