X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks!

I'm a theatrical lighting designer and audiovisual technician turned software developer. Even though I'm dealing with software in my professional life more than hardware these days, I still love to tinker and fix things so I'm looking forward to learning from you all and sharing my successes and lessons learned along the way.

See you in the forums!

Comment

Hello, I am Maui Popss. Just a old senior citizen try to get by enjoying repairing modern and vintage electronic equipment for family and friends. If you are a senior citizen then the cost to you is always zero. If it is vintage equipment I can usually obtain the parts and needed manuals,schematics etc to effect the repair. Newer electronics can be quite obtuse to me and I need to ask for help very often. I manage to get by. Now computers and I.T. work I can do easily, have been building and repairing custom computers for over 32 years. Same deal no cost to seniors and now on Maui with so many unemployed because of the pandemic just about 99.99 percent of my work is done at no charge for anyone with a need. I even bake sourdough bread regularly to donate to those who have a need. I love Maui although it is much different then it was 50 years ago. Back then agriculture (sugar cane and pineapple)we the economic mainstays. Visitor industry was just starting up. Now no more sugar cane or pineapple (unless very small privately owned plots). I really,really miss it. Relaxed lifestyle is mostly gone (even though many newcomers feel that things are still laid back it is nothing like 1/2 century ago). I am nothing like 1/2 century ago. No more surfing the big waves, free diving and snorkeling down to 90 to 100 feet. Old age sucks but you can still be productive and help others and that it what I and my sweet wife of 53 years try to do. The aloha spirit is still alive in My wife and I our children , grandchildren and great grandchildren (all still living om Maui). All those of age are trying to help others while following guidelines for safety and health. Oh yes, I love electronics and helping others with theirs. Maui Popss

Comment

Hello Everyone..

Greetings from The Middle East,

Greetings from Oman,

Happy to be one of the members in this great forum.

Comment

Hello

Greeting from the united kingdom
          Have a good week

Comment

Hello I am Emmett of embrose accessories. I upcoming business owner who want to learn how to fix mother boards. My interest is fixing the motherboard of the cricut explore air 2 machine.

Comment

Hey from the South. Just looking to fix a broken Yamaha rx-v679

Thanks!

Comment

Greetings from Indiana, looking to get better at troubleshooting and repairing tvs, personally I repair lots of audio gear and build tube amps for a hobby.

Comment

Just to follow the lead:

My name is Juergen, I'm locate din Cologne (Germany) an my very first was a Sinclair ZX81 back than. It was followed by Tandy TRS80 Model III an Kaypro II, an Osborne 01, the famous Apple II and IIe (still have all three) and many more.

No, I had no Comodore VC20 or VC64 and no Atari ST or similar, I was close to the TI99/4A, the Dragon 64 and once even thinking about the Apple IIc but not for the classic and early Mac's. I guess this exposes my age to the light

Today I'm an electronics hobbyst and willling to (try to) repair what ever get's into my fingers, that could be an old tube valve radio, of the 50th and oscilloscope from 79, a ten years old flat tv or what ever else makes me interessted. Most of it I get fixed and I sincerely do not throw old stuff away.

I hope and guess this forum will help me out in finding some good information, a short path to solutions and good hints from friendly and enthusiastic people like me when ever I get a headache or feel lost.

Cheers to all,
                  Juergen

Comment

Hello
                    My name is Gerry. I tinker with electronics as a hobby and try to fix the simpler things.

There is always so much to learn. I feel fortunate to have found this forum.

Comment

Hello,
                      Greetings from Toulouse, France

Comment

Names Terence Ng
                        46 - Birthday 21 Dec 1973.
                        Married, we have 4 kids.

MO:
                        I am hardware engineer and interesting in troubleshooting

Comment

Hey everyone,

From Ontario,Canada and I am just learning computers and electrical. Most my experience comes from industrial equipment (mostly mechanical). Have been looking for a good resource to help me learn and it looks like this is a good place for that. I look forward to learning from and interacting with everyone here.

Comment

Hello from the west coast!

Stumbled upon a repair for a Vizio 4K TV on this site with the same symptoms of mine. Looks to be fairly simple. Trying it out before forking over $1k for a new one!

Comment

My name is Amr AKA Hammer.
                              Teach my self phone repairs about ten years ago while working in a cellphone store. I worked in a completely different industry for the past eight years. I always kept an eye on what is going on in the repair community. I tried to stay up to date by fixing anything that I can get my hands on, phones, TVs, washer logic board, etc. I started a company in the past two years trying to buy bulk electronics and fix them but didn't do much. Now I'm ready to jump back in the repair industry.

Comment

MJ here, at my wits end trying to get into my laptop I bought a few months ago. So I'm here after googling and gettting nowhere. I hope I get some answers! thanks!

Comment

Looking for Bios Dump
                                  HP G6 - DA0U93MB6D0 REV D
                                  Any help please?

Comment

Hey, old time lurker here. I've been reading along for a long time but now it's time for me to ask for some advice, since i'm working on a TV which i cannot figure out what's gone wrong ...

Comment

Hello members of this forum!

I am currently 17 y/o and like working with electronics and computers.

I've already successfully modified my BIOS of a Samsung laptop to unlock and disable the GPU! And I think this forum is great for things like that,

Have a great day

Comment

Hi! I'm form spain and i hope that i can help you and you can help me.

Thank You

Comment

Hello group. I'd like to introduce myself and say hello!! Mike the name of course and I'm venturing down the "not pc" "the other one" logic board repair road. I bring almost 2 decades of experience in semiconductor and equipment "everything anything troubleshooting as long as it's running" experience. Thank you and look forward to learning and whatever else I can do to help..
                                          Mike

Comment

Working...
                                          X